1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone trying to shape up?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Saserman, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

I'm pretty sure many of you fapstronauts want to improve your lives in more ways than one, and most probably one of those ways is to lose weight and get fit. So if you do, please share what you do :D

What I'm doing:
    - MMA workouts 5 days a week (ideally)
    - Caloric restricting diet (calories in should be less than calories burned)

And that's pretty much it. It seems to work for me and I'm losing weight steadily.

I sometimes consider weight lifting, but I'm someone full time on MMA.

Some opinions: <--- Note: OPINIONS!!
    - Gyms are the most boring places you can lose weight in. Avoid unless you want to build muscle
    - Find a sport you love, join a club, and keep doing it. (By sport, I don't mean golf or bowling)
    - Measure your weight infrequently (once every 2 weeks for example)
    - The basic method of losing fat is to restrict calories. Any other method (like cutting carbs, or fat) isn't as effective. It might help, but only because your caloric intake becomes less as a result of following those regimes. Note that this is only for losing weight, not necessarily for being healthy

2. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

Yes. It's a mix of fitness exercises, technique, and fake and real fighting

Thanks for the advice. I've been doing this diet for about 3-4 months. At first I wasn't really watching what I was eating, but now I'm starting to focus more on that (but still making sure I don't eat too many calories) in order to make the weight loss "more efficient" if that makes sense. I try to keep my diet as balanced as I can, although I'm not sure I'm doing a good job right now lol. I certainly cut back on the fast food, junk, sugar, excessive bread, and things like that though.

It's working very well for me, and I don't feel it's a big burden or anything. If that ever stopped being the case I'll probably find something else to switch to.

Mind you, my diet isn't extreme in any way (not a crash diet)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  3. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

I think what really helps is that positive reinforcement that you get when you check your weight after a few weeks and see that you've lost a decent amount of weight. I didn't get that before and that probably drove me to quitting my diet/exercise before. This time it's different and I'm much more motivated.

There was a time when I did an excel sheet and I measured my weight everyday so that I can make a nice graph. That was a terrible idea lol, especially the measuring weight everyday part.

I think my current problem is that I'm not eating enough vegetables. I just can't get myself to have a salad for dinner.. it just doesn't satisfy me. And also I'm not sure how to cook vegetables either lol.

4. zyzz

zyzz Fapstronaut

yo i have a gym thread if you want to post in there OP

5. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

I don't go to a gym though (I don't lift). I made this thread to be for general fitness and "shaping up", which may include gym, but also includes dieting and other sports.