1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone watch Anime?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by howdodo, Jun 20, 2017.

1. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Figured this should go here.

Anyone else watch anime? And if so which ones? Looking to expand my horizons a bit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. HeadAche

HeadAche Guest

A lot. But currently watching Gintama.
    Someday hope to watch Naruto Shipuuden and One Piece.

3. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

How long is Gintama? Just heard of this yesterday. But One Piece and Naruto are good. The filler in one piece is minimal but not bad. Skip all of it in Naruto though.

4. HeadAche

HeadAche Guest

Quite long actually. 257 episodes + those still being aired but if you enjoy comedy/shounen this is one of the best.
    Yeah I know they're both good, but never managed to see to the end. They are so freaking big.

5. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Oh perfect! I love those. And they're definitely overwhelming. But I have been watching My Hero Academia and it's so good. Even read the manga and got caught up.

6. HeadAche

HeadAche Guest

Blood Lagoon is good, though the girls have some skanky outfits.
    Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, FullMetal Alchemist, One punch man ....the list is endless.

7. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

High School of the Dead. Badass...:cool:

8. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Yeah I've seen Death Note, FMA and One Punch. Don't remember Cowboy Bebop thought. And will definitely check out Blood Lagoon. Thanks!

9. I used to watch just about anything but my taste for anime has changed over the years, and these days I am very selective with what I watch. I used to watch a lot of harem anime, and these days I really don't like it much, it's repetitive and quite absurd. Now I get hooked on series like Attack on Titan, Death Note, Code Geass, Tokyo Ghoul (First season only) Parasyte, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Angel Beats, Ergo Proxy and Sword Art Online. I like also romantic comedies like Kaichu wa Maid sama, Toradora! Chobits, Clannad.

If you want something that is traumatizing I recommend School Days (Warning, it may contain some explicit material)

If you want to have a good laugh go with Azumanga Daioh

I like a lot of series, but I used to like a lot more and scratched them off my list.

10. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Wonderful! I appreciate it so much. I'm looking to get outside the Shonens and closely associated anime. DBZ will always have my heart though

Latinboy32 likes this.
  11. Man, I love animes. I'm currently watching Boruto, Attack on Titan and Dragon Ball Super. I am also watching Saint Seiya again (I don't know the name in English but I think it is Saint Seiya). But there are so many others that I've already watched such as Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin. Animes are great.

12. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Dude don't even get me started on how good Dragonball Super is. Like they fixed so many plot holes in DBZ. If you haven't read the manga I really would. It's basically a different story but all the main things still happen the same way (Frieza coming back, Zamasu, etc) but you get more back story on Trunks and you even see Red Vegeta.

I also haven't heard of Saint Seiya so this is just one more making it to the list. To be honest My Hero Academia kind of inspired me to make the plunge towards no pmo. That might sound silly, and it wasn't the only reason but it kind of taught me you can do anything and even with great power you must still work for it.

Edit: loved Yuyu Hakusho and Boruto. Hopefully Boruto doesn't have a ton of filler though

13. I've heard about My Hero Academy, never watched it though. But I'll definitely check that out. I don't think it is silly at all. Many people talk about how they are inspired by movies or series. Animes can play that role too.

Saint Seiya is an older anime, I used to watch it as a kid. I don't know if that is the name in English because it is different here in Brazil. Maybe with a picture of the characters it will be easier to recognize if that is not the name.

asdasf.jpg

Dragon Ball Super is so great. I wasn't expecting much of it, so I was pleasantly surprised with it when I started watching. I liked Dragon Ball GT but it could have been way better. I haven't read the manga but I will also check it out.

14. Yes, I love anime!
    One of my favorite anime is Fist of the North Star, which is what my avatar is from.
    Also a big fan of Kill La Kill.

15. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

Ahh that does look like a good classic! Definitely checking it out when I'm finished watching the dub of My Hero Academia.

And let me just say something about MHA(My Hero Academia, or Boku no Hero Academia, BHA, from the Japanese version). It's not like other Shonens. There are about 20 characters and you learn about them bit by bit, and in a really smooth way. The quality of the writing is phenomenal. And the main character isn't some Goku/Luffy/typical eat-a-lot overpowered silly character. He thinks his way out of everything, and has to be careful using this power he is given. And it's so good, I decided to read the manga, which normally I hate reading manga but fuck I'm so glad I did. Now i'm even watching the dubbed version which is pretty solid too.

The funny thing about Super is that Toei animation and Tokoyama (Toriyamis new writer) are each given a script of things that happen, and basically fill in the gaps as they see fit. So the manga and anime are different for that reason. The anime is definitely ahead but the manga has some nice style to it as well.

path_to_redemption likes this.
  16. howdodo

howdodo Fapstronaut

I believe Fist of the North Star is a bit older yes? My friends have anime movie night and they recently watched it, although I did not make that night.

But Kill la Kill I should watch. I watched the first episode and couldn't get into it. I hear the second one makes the series way better though.