1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are character traits like dominance and submissiveness innate?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Randombro, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Randombro

Randombro Fapstronaut

Hi, do you think a man is born dominant or submissive?
    Can a man who is more submissive change to a dominant man?

Hard Mode likes this.
  2. I think a lot is determined by genes and upbringing, and you as a unique individual, can a submissive male become dominant? Likely not on the level of like a “chad”, but improving ones confidence and self worth and acceptance is a very good way to go, It’s all about how you view yourself honestly. To me being happy with who you are and confident about it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Peaceful magic 21 likes this.
  3. Brettnrecovery

Brettnrecovery Fapstronaut

I think a lot of it has to do with a person's upbringing.

Takeyourfreedom likes this.
  4. Partly genetics, partly upbringing, I guess. Maybe do some research? Literally no one here is an expert.

You shouldn't worry about being submissive though. I'm a very submissive guy (the thought of topping a woman isn't that hot to me) and I'm doing just fine.

5. Depends on you and your attititude. I don't mind my future wife topping me one day but I'd like to put in the work in there most of the time.

6. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

I’m both it’s a bit confusing. But it’s good to get inside the head of a sub now and again To know what works and up your Dom game

7. Liminal

Liminal Fapstronaut

I think psycology and upbringing play a big role in determining why someone either has a dominant or submissive nature.

8. WhiteLion

WhiteLion Fapstronaut

Dominant and submissive traits should be balanced in individuals. A person might be more strongly drawn to one over the other for a variety of reasons. If a person is attached to one strongly then they should make an effort to compensate by practising the other. This takes some work and there will be missteps, but you can compensate against being too dominant or submissive.