1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are people miserable most of the time?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Just an observation, but most people I notice in my daily life just tend to be unhappy. It’s something I have noticed over the years. I really don’t know. What do you think?

2. If you look around you, you soon found out that everyone has their own problems that they face. Whether it’s a relationship, job, school, politics. Something is always on someone’s mind. Never compare yourself to others. Loneliness is just bad company to one’s self.

3. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

I tend to think so as well, I am not saying everyone should be happy and dandy all the time, it is just not possible, you always need the two opposites.
    But in industrial/technological/civilized societies people tend to be more depressed than what you would expect to be the natural state of humans. And the more time passes and civilization progresses it seems that unhappiness becomes worst.

I am just comparing it with my earlier memories of how people seemed to appear, I am talking about people 20 years ago living in what is called undeveloped countries.
    Overall, they seemed to have a zest for life, laugh full-heartedly, and have self respect much more than you would find in any modern day society. In modern society it is as if everybody is lying to themselves. And now with the covid thing regulations I noticed another sudden huge drop in happiness overall.

I think an enlightening read would be Ted kaczynski's manifesto, while I don't agree with everything he says it does shed some light on part of the problem.
    Just a good clip I saw recently (Adam Curtis also makes great documentaries)

4. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Most married people I´ve seen either live unhappy lives, focus on something else to distract themselves, or are constantly breaking up all the time (This is why I´m going MGTOW).

Reminds me of "The Cake is a lie" quote in Portal.