1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are We All Self-Conscious?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 4, 2017.

1. In Kanye West song All Falls Down he says, "We all self-conscious". Do you agree with him? Are we all self-conscious and it's just that some people do a good job at hiding it?
    Also, are women more self-conscious than men? Is it natural for any woman to have have insecurities?

Chris3000 likes this.
  2. Well, first it depends on what you mean by self-consious. If you take it literally, then yes, everyone is conscious of themselves. But I assume we are speaking less literally, as in "everyone has insecurities." I would say that's probably true, but I have no way to prove it. But even the people who act like they think they're the greatest gift to mankind can probably find at least one thing about themsleves that they aren't pleased with. Even if they would never admit it.

Also, a lot of people who act that way are actually far more self consious than the people you would expect would be. I had a friend in high school who everyone thought was super annoying because he was always kind of braggy and making himself look good, and they thought he was arrogant. But in reality, I was pretty close with that person, and he wasn't arrogant at all. He was superrrr insecure. He brags and puffs himself up, not just to convince OTHERS that he's worth something, but to convince himself as well.

Bullarrd likes this.
  3. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

No, not everyone is self-conscious, referring to insecurity. Most children from birth to about 9 or 10 wouldn't experience insecurities is imagine, even if they're bullied usually they'll listen to what their family has to say about them rather than what others their age has to say.

When considering the mentally disabled though it's hard to pinpoint a for sure answer. If I were mentally disable as portrayed by media, then I think I'd be a bit insecure about it, but that's only because I view it from my perspective, living in a place where you're blatantly different from a society that thrives on moderate assimilation. Yet when I talk to a "handicapped" person they seem happier than ever to be who they are and people are usually really supportive of them. Maybe I've missed something when analyzing this.

As for everyone else, yes we're all insecure. From a biblical pov, we we're made in God's image; he is perfect therefore it makes sense we would want to be perfect however that has never been achieved in the history of mankind except for one person. The only reason someone would be insecure is because they view something about themselves isn't perfect, therefore we are all insecure. From a secular stand-point, society claims perfection as having a lot of money and plenty of the opposite sex to mate with, yet even people who obtain that end up committing suicide, or if they try to go against status quo the they basically commit social suicide. Point being even what we view as perfect has flaws. Everyone is insecure..potentially excluding the two I listed first.