1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Feb 5, 2019.

Please pick one

1. I am a dog person

2. I am a cat person

3. I am both a dog person and a cat person

4. I am neither a dog nor a cat person

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. To be fair though, I can't help but wonder if my cat actually loves me or just loves that I feed him.

2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Knighthawk and Alexander like this.
  3. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Dogs are clearly the better animal.

I'm just not a big fan of cats

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. cats are to lazy to poop outside so instead poop in a box wich you later have to empty,they dont seem to love you as much as dogs and are always off doing there own thing,if your a lazy person then sure get a cat lol

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That's not true. If you give them access to the outside (e.g. a cat flap), they will poop outside. But not on your property.

ImpureHuman likes this.
  6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, dogs are as thick as shit in certain respects. :p Like, you can let a cat out and it will return in due course. But a dog could end up anywhere and you might even lose it. :oops: Cats are sensible and take care of themselves when out and about, whereas as dogs can be a menace, running into roads and bothering other dogs and people etc. So, with a dog, you are forced to take it out for a walk because it cannot be trusted to do that one simple task unaided! What a nightmare, haha!

7. lol yeah I guess Im just not a cat person

8. I wouldt call a little responsibility a nightmare...

9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am not sure of this "threat" of which you speak UKBoi. :confused: There is no need to train a cat as it has impeccable manners. Dogs can be quite unpleasant when untrained. Like going up to people and sniffing their crotch or ass for example. You say cats commonly hurt their owners. All I hear in the media are reports of dogs attacking people and being shot because of the threat they pose. I don't recall even one such cat story. You are making a lot of wild allegations.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well, I wouldn't want to have to take an animal out for exercise twice a day in rain, sleet and snow. Also, people with dogs say they cannot leave a dog all day, so they have to cut short any plans to be away from the home for an extended period. If you do, you will probably find they have pissed the floors! o_O That is not my idea of an enjoyable pet experience. :(

11. I have always considered myself a cat person in the past, but since I´ve rescued my dog, I really love her and had to adapt in socializing with the other dog people. And what I really appreciate about dogs is, they are such adorable pleasers, compared to cats. Very dependant and clingy, but also more social. If you feel lonely, but ready to take the responsibilty, get a dog. If you rather want to keep up your privacy and a bit of distance to the outside world, stay with cats.

ImpureHuman likes this.
  12. I love both cats and dogs as my family owns two dogs and a cat. But honestly, I love my cat the most as she's the one I spend the most time with. Hell, as I'm typing this, she's sitting on my lap, purring.

13. Oh it's the latter I guarantee you. If you die with your dog in the house, it will mourn, pine etc...then eat you when it's starving if it has no other choice. If you die with your cat in the house, post-mortem predation will occur within 24 hours generally speaking. Also, when a cat rubs itself on you, it's marking you as its property.

Yeah, imagine living with a box of shit in your corridor...shit which contains parasites which are controversial as there are some connections between them and the development of mental health problems in humans, especially children.

Exactly- they provide a health hazard (potentially a very severe one- see above) to your neighbours. Whatever the scientific debate re the aforementions parasites, just think about how much worse cat shit smells than other animal shit- surely it's setting off some evolutionary alarm bells.

Also when they come back inside they will track whatever shit they've been walking through, and the traces of the blood and guts of whatever they've killed, all around your house. Not to mention they are more likely than dogs to catch fleas.

The cat that pissed all over my mattress twice when I was staying with my friends didn't have impeccable manners grrrrr

Cat owners regularly joke to me about stuff like, 'oh my cat woke me up this morning scratching me in the face because it was hungry hahahaha,' its like...dude you're in a domestically abusive relationship with an animal you've invited into your home, that's not funny. The reason cats don't get shot is that they are aware of the limitations of their physicality for the most part...trust me if they were the size of a tiger, they would kill you one day out of boredom, just randomly. Many dogs are capable of killing people or at least putting up a good fight (most breeds that aren't weird freaks such as pomeranians), most don't have the inclination to at all.

Cats introduced to an area where there is delicate / 'endangered' level of wildlife can become an unnatural predator, anihilating populations of for example song birds...ok ok I've gone on long enough lol

14. You touch on a very serious point here my friend. People do commonly underestimate the threat your average dog poses safety wise. It doesn't matter how cute, how well trained your dog is, it is still a pretty basic animal mentally, and they can (and do) snap at any time.

I'm very uncomfortable with people having dogs and their kids in the same space. Sure your dog is a sweetheart and is so good with the baby, and you can film them playing together and make a nice video for youtube. But it only takes one slight tick in the dog's brain and it will rip your baby's face off.

I was seeing a woman with a staffordshire bull terrier (they look similar to pit bulls), and she would complain about how in the park, people would pick up their children when they saw her. She saw it as classist (in England mostly working class people own this kind of dog traditionally- and arsehole heroin dealers). But whilst it's true that staffies & pit bulls get an unfair reputation as more dangerous then they are due to abusive owners, it's also true that they do kill children from time to time. I would pick up my kid. I don't like people walking dogs off the lead & unmuzzled in public spaces, but its so traditional in England it's unlikely to change any time soon. Some parks are split into dog and no dog areas which is good. Luckily 99.5% of the time it's fine- its just, you can't control when that 0.5% is going to happen.

15. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

I might be a big cat person...because wild tigers have passed by 1 feet closer to me. One literally touch my hand with his tail!
    I'm not allowed to have cat or dog in home. Bcuz my parents and neighbours hate the poop. But If go to colder place, I'll definitely have husky and a cat.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  16. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

You must have been with the bad boy cats. The pmo addicted cats.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  17. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

How awesome is that! :eek: The Tiger is my favourite mammal. It is more beautiful than any dog or any cat (in my opinion).
    I also have a soft spot for the Jaguar and the Snow Leopard. These large creatures have such incredible poise and grace.

Deleted Account and Hank Pym like this.
  18. You own the dog. The cat owns you.

19. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Here is another catalogue of wild accusations from you. Do you have any documented evidence of these cat allegations?