1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Feb 5, 2019.

Please pick one

1. I am a dog person

2. I am a cat person

3. I am both a dog person and a cat person

4. I am neither a dog nor a cat person

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lol...people are welcome to research for themselves if they're interested!

Tell you what and all my friend, there's a charity shop for a cat's charity at the end of my road, and every time I walk past it, everyone entering and leaving looks like a lunatic.

2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I don't believe what you say.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. icantbelieveit

icantbelieveit Fapstronaut

I am a dog person but I don’t hate cats.

ImpureHuman likes this.
  4. We always had both and our cats socialized a lot with the dogs, one even imitated their behaviour. Dogs just want to be good boys, while cats look always first for their own benefits and comfort. They are in essence egoistic loners, that is why Evil Genius usally has a grumpy cat on his lap. Even when they want to be nice, they do it weirdostyle, by putting the corpse of a fat rat on your doormat (head bitten off) .

5. LOL....I heard once that they do this because they think we're just stupid humans who can't even catch our own prey.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  6. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Cats can be really cute, however they also can be ungrateful and vicious. I have had enough classmates with permanent scarring on their forearms.
    Dogs aren't called men's best friend for no reason.

7. They probably did something to deserve it ;). I've owned my own pet cats for the last 6 and a half years and never once been bit or scratched in anger. People talk about being afraid of a cat's claws, and always ask "you didn't have them de-clawed?" De-clawing is cruel. Yes they can do damage but they've never bothered me. Just have to treat them with respect and love and not be a dick

8. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Well, as said, there can be cute cats, just not majority of them ;)

9. What really pisses me off is people who think that pitbulls are a "dangerous" breed. I've known lots that were just big sucks lol. The problem is you've got bad people, like drug dealers, buying them because they're an athletic dog (and because people are afraid of them) and making them really aggressive. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

10. So you're saying that a cat will eat its owner even if it has something to eat whereas dogs will only eat their owner if they have nothing else to eat? Where are your sources

cats also dig a hole and bury their waste so what r u talking about when you said
    i dont see dogs bury their waste (and not everyone picks up after their dogs.)

UkGeezer, what are you, are you a cat or a dog person? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  11. I've dealt with a fair few pitbulls and staffies and they have all been lovely. The worst thing about the last staffie I met was that he was extremely happy to say hello, and extremely not aware where humans' soft bits are, and in his jumping at me and clambering all over me managed to inadvertantly bop me right in the bollocks more than once. Similar experience with other 'dangerous dogs' eg a rottweiler whose worse fault was being a clumsy oaf smacking his considerable muscle weight into anything that could be knocked over.

That said, there is an inherent risk and unpredictability with any dog. Something that you never knew about sets them off and they'll be ripping someone's face off. It happens rarely, but it's not impossible. And more muscular / well jawed / mentally tough breeds of course present a greater POTENTIAL risk than some disgusting little corgi or poodle or what have you.

Turns out dogs eat their owners also :-( Google post-mortem predation.

I've had plenty of experiences of them not doing that. Anyway, it's not gonna be dug that deep, so kids playing in the garden or whatever could stumble across it.

Hahaha...cats are only necessary where there is no other form of rat & mouse control possible, and as my friend from Brunei puts it, 'even then, we keep them in the yard.'

Dogs are beautiful. We 'evolved' alongside eachother in a sense (thanks to us deliberately 'evolving' them), so it's very natural for me to be a dog lover. They are also exceptional 'animal slaves' when set to various tasks, so they deserve respect for their usefulness. On the other hand, when owned just as a pet, they often are kept irresponsibly (see my earlier post re. the risks of dogs), and make a place smelly and dirty. But none of all that is their fault. And as for the stupid things they do...they were wolves once, we enslaved them, so I don't wanna hold too much against them.

So I'm gonna go with dogs...but would probably never own one except under certain circumstances eg. if I was blind.

12. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I love both, but I love cats more.

ImpureHuman and Alexander like this.
  13. Dog person! I work whith them daily. But cats are awesome as well :D

ImpureHuman and Deleted Account like this.
  14. ImpureHuman

ImpureHuman Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

I like both cats and dogs. They are full of love. But, I'm a cat person.,,

15. keso003

keso003 New Fapstronaut

dog person, but my dog passed away last year :( so i decided that i will not get a new dog for now ... missing him so much right now while replying on this thread ...

16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

neither a dog nor a cat person
    but my personality traits are like cat.......
    cold.....antisocial......and a bit selfish

17. I'm so sorry to hear that :( I lost my cat about a year ago, and I still get depressed when I think about him. I haven't gotten a new pet yet, because I dont think my heart can handle losing another one. Hopefully someday I'll be able to have one, but idk. It makes me anxious.

18. Nebulousclasher22

Nebulousclasher22 Fapstronaut

I am a cat person. It is not because i hate dogs its just that i love cats more. There is just always a cat in my life. One after other stray cats keep coming to me wherever i was. But i don't want them as a pet because i will be emotionally scarred for life when they die. I know that's how nature works and everyone's gotta die at some point in their life but i'm not at good at handling griefs and i don't know how i am going to handle my emotions when my parents die. Sorry if this was off topic :p:/

19. keso003

keso003 New Fapstronaut

yah same thoughts here ...

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. CI-MA

CI-MA Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019