1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Arguments with wife make want to jo

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Qzmp1, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Qzmp1

Qzmp1 Fapstronaut

Hi
    So I'm on my longest nofap run yet at 45 days.
    But in the last few weeks every time my wife and I have a talk and she complain to me about the past, I immediately want to fap.
    I have been on grinder and talked to men, but did not masturbate, so not horrible. But makes me go to old bad habits I'm trying to stop.
    I'm trying to get over my hocd, but those talks are making me unhappy and make me want to go back to bad habits.
    Any advice?

2. MLM725

MLM725 New Fapstronaut

Hello Brother, the stress makes us want to go back to the old was, strong work for not masturbating!I would encourge you to stay strong!!

Nabson likes this.
  3. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

Journal about your issues on paper. Consider why you're having communication issues with your wife in the morning before you've got in a fight with her. Keep it as unbiased as possible.

I'm getting the feeling that you're going to grindr to relieve stress and "escape". If you can fix the issue in real life, then you won't want go back to your stress-relief habits as much, and recovery gets easier.

4. Robindale

Robindale Fapstronaut

Stay strong - you've done great getting to 45 days. Seeking out other men is just your addict brain and shame trying to pull you back into it. Resist. Are you and your wife working with a couples therapist? If the communication is not going well and you feel like she's continually bringing up the past, and she must feel something is missing in the communication, then it might be good to have a therapist help get that process back on track. That has worked well for my wife and me.