1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Art Appreciation Thread (show the community your talents)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Knight Solaire, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Strugglesaurus

Strugglesaurus Fapstronaut

Holy moly, Buddha! Those are beautiful! I remember you having that bumblebee painting as your profile picture a while back. Lovely!

2. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

@Blondewife and I did these at a couples' art class. I did the canvas on the left and she did the one on the right.

Attached Files:

HippyMinstrel and Knight Solaire like this.
  3. I have but that is not what inspired the works haha.

Thank you Sun Bro!

Thank you Strugglesaurus! The bumblebee is actually a photo, not a painting. I'd be a Rembrandt if I could paint like that! The Alaska picture too is a photo manipulated in GIMP, the poor man's adobe photoshop. The Peace Tile, on the other hand, is a true painting, paint alternating with pieces cut out of a magazine on a wood block.

4. P'tuckanayhee, the compost spirit
    Mixed media

A found art project I made today. Made with items natural found in my backyard. The head is a persimmon fruit, the eyes are button bush seed clusters, the mouth is an acorn cap, the shirt is a wahoo leaf, the belt is a blade of grass, the arms and hands are wahoo seed clusters, and the body is a Jerusalem artichoke stem.

P'tuchanayhee is a compost spirit that eats decaying vegetable matter. He is usually seen in autumn, when he eats the fallen leaves. During the rest of the year, he finds a convenient compost bin to live in. Watch out! He apt to be very territorial of his compost, and he will bite.

Sitting in a spider web
    [​IMG]

Among the flowers
    [​IMG]

Got hungry and starting eating leaves that haven't even fallen yet
    [​IMG]

On the fence

[​IMG]

Guarding the leaf compost
    [​IMG]

5. CarlosRay

CarlosRay Fapstronaut

This is something I did for Inktober. It is based on Over the Garden Wall. I was satisfied with how it turned out. Pen and inks, except for the eyes, which are colored pencil. OtGW.jpg

6. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

This has young adult, scary stories written all over it. I like it, I like it a lot lol

7. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

I like this, is it a negative of a actual photo or photoshop work?

8. zero01

zero01 Guest

Thanks!...

Both :)

9. CarlosRay

CarlosRay Fapstronaut

Thank you!