1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Art Corner - for all kinds of artists

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by NoSugarBunny, Aug 28, 2017.

1. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome to NoFap Art Corner!
    Here we can share our artistic creations - drawings, writing, crafts, music, whatever your creative soul makes! Level of your skills doesn't matter, you can be a professional, a hobbyist, an amateur... Everyone is welcome. ^.^ Show us what you create~!

Rules of the Art Corner:
    • please, keep the thread nice and neat; don't spam with with several different replies to post different pieces, try to fit in one reply as much as possible
    • while commenting on someone else's work, either quote or use @Username
    • if you decide to provide a critique to someone's piece, please keep it objective - the key is to help this person improve, not to insult them
    • if you receive a critique, remember it is not written to attack you or insult you - it is there help you see where you need to improve
    • please, no arguing in the thread; you don't go to art gallery to argue with people, do you?
    • you can use links to show your work, especially if it's a music piece or a high-res picture; I noticed that forum has no scaling for pictures (so if a piece is 2000px by 3000px it will upload here as such), so either scale pictures down or just throw in links to them
    • stealing or using any art pieces without author's permission is strictly prohibited - the author spent their time, heart and soul to create those beautiful pieces, and that alone deserves respect
    • reposting art pieces from this forum to anywhere else without permission is also prohibited; please respect the authors
    ~ Play nice, have fun, respect each other ~

An Update! (2nd September 2017)
    A list for people who may be confused as to what would be considered "art" and would like to join. By "art" in this thread, it is considered any creation you made as an author (it is made by you, not taken from anyplace else), and which falls into any of categories below:
    • Visual art: drawing, painting, sketching (all three can be done digitally or traditionally); animation (any kind of animation, example: stop-motion, clay animation, 2D animation etc.), photography (landscapes, nature, urban landscape, people etc.), comics (comic stripes, ongoing comic series, visual novels)
    • Music: self-composed music tracks, remixes, singing, song covers
    • Writing: poetry, short stories, fan-fiction stories, ongoing stories released in episodes/chapters
    I hope more people will join!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. señor

señor Guest

Does photography count? 8)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

@señor Yes, of course! That is also an art of it's own ^w^ I really like your flower photos and the ferris wheel, they look amazing!

Third_Eye and señor like this.
  4. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

Here, I will share my most recent drawings I've done ^.^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SilentJay313 and Millenial like this.
  5. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Wow. You got talent :). Those are really nice!

6. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

@Arkangel Colon Thank you! I would say it's been 9 years of getting there, honing style and skills! I think I have some embarrassing baby art of mine somewhere... xD Ah yes! Look at those puppers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh my loooooooooooo- this anatomy burns my eyes! xD Those terrible design choices!
    And here, the same characters, many years later - redrawn and slightly redesigned:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Nice stuff there! :) How long have you been drawing for, and how did you discover your talent?
    Additionally, I'm working on an indie film script of my own that I wanna make into an indie movie in the future.

8. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

It wasn't really much of a discovery to be honest. I've been that one kid who always scribble-doodled all over the place, enjoying it a whole lot! Then, somewhere in the secondary school, one of my classmates suggested I join some art-sharing site and take my drawing to next level. And so I did! It's been 9 years that I am continuously learning and improving my drawing skills. Those 9 years ago, I set myself a goal - to be that artist, that good drawing artist, I wanted to be as a kid. And now I'm here! Now I am that artist I looked up to when I was a kid and cried to be this good.

9. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Wow, that's really cool! Dedication has got to be the most admirable thing when it comes to someone's talent and passion. Me, I thought I wanted to be an engineer, then I wanted to be a drawer. Later, I joined band, and became super dedicated to it. As a result, I ended up winning the "top band student" award for three years straight. There was even an award named after me before I graduated. Now I'm into screenwriting, and am currently working on a personal indie film project to help expose truth to the people. :)

10. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

Hello guys! I wanted to share with you my latest drawing.
    [​IMG]
    I am having so much fun redrawing my very old characters (7-8 years since original creation), it's a blast from the past! Here you can see their original designs; those are drawn by someone else for me, I can't remember who that was, and that was the only thing with them I had salvaged
    [​IMG]

Millenial likes this.
  11. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Do you consider being an animator?

12. NoSugarBunny

NoSugarBunny Fapstronaut

@Arkangel Colon No, I have no patience for animation. I dabbled in animation on my own long time ago, but it simply wasn't for me. Yes I know, I have very much a cartoony style, and I like it! Still, I feel much better drawing still images, animation is too much hassle.

Third_Eye likes this.