1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Athens Academy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Si le français n'est pas ta langue natale, je dois dire que tu te débrouilles vraiment très très bien, bravo! C'était super clair! Si ça peux t'aider, j'aurais juste dit "elle" m'a paru plutôt facile :)

2. Ouais, ça m'arrive toujours. Je les confonds tout le temps, ces deux pronoms. Peu de pratique, beaucoup d'erreurs. Merci pour la correction :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Leader of ME, fg4795, Cirilla and 2 others like this.
  3. Keep going @Ordinary_Citizen , you are doing an amazing & inspiring job! I tried to learn french 4 years ago from lingvist.io, still quite understand what is written but I am not capable to ecrire really well. ;)
    Yesterday was quite a disastrous day. Only 2-3 hours of histology and anatomy.

4. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Merci

5. CaroKann

CaroKann Fapstronaut

7 hours of studying today.

6. I've learnt French quite well because I've been spending at least 1 hour (in winter almost 3) for it during a year. And as far as I know, medicine is considered as an incredibly hard major requiring tremendous amounts of time. If you don't have much time left (13 hours a day, my gosh), I'd recommend you to find another activity. I personally tried to learn German before French spending very little for it because of a hectic schedule and exams, and I don't remember anything at all (when I try to say 'What do you want', I start 'Was vous voulez...' :D). Though I'd been learning it for 7 years approximately...

But if you want to learn it anyway, I highly recommend you to get 'French in action' aka Carpetz method course. It's the best language course I've ever seen.

7. I will have it in my mind when having more time. ;) Medicine really takes a lot. Thank you for the suggestion!

Leader of ME, fg4795 and ....... like this.
  8. Casper400

Casper400 Fapstronaut

1. Read a chapter of the Old Testament and Chapter of the New during the day + a chapter of the Old and a chapter of the New tonight.

2. Read some of a Public Speaking Textbook

3. Read some of Urban’s Way: Urban Meyer and His Plan to Win

4. Going to wrap up with some reading of a Self-Theories book before bed.

9. Trajan Imperator

Trajan Imperator New Fapstronaut

Hi, I think this is a great initiative for exercising the mind in the journey from redemption from the "new drug". I will try to be as active as I can. :emoji_muscle:
    1. Pharmacy
    2. Italian

10. Una gran bella lingua ;)

aricking and Leader of ME like this.
  11. Checking
    Doing the work
    Had an exam today.

12. Trajan Imperator

È vero!

13. Yesterday was a productive day preparing for the anatomy test. ;)

aricking, Gryf, Leader of ME and 2 others like this.
  14. Checking to let you know I am still working hard ;)

aricking, Gryf, | The Monk | and 3 others like this.
  15. Trajan Imperator

This morning was productive, still have some hours left before the test.

16. Casper400

Casper400 Fapstronaut

3. Nearly finished my National Academy of Sports Medicine textbook for recertification for personal training, read many pages of a Sport Psychology book, read a chapter of the Old and New Testament, read some of a self-theories book and American Gospel.

17. CaroKann

CaroKann Fapstronaut

Had a rough few weeks and have fallen behind quite a bit, 4 weeks untill the exams. Its time for a comeback.

aricking, Gryf, Leader of ME and 2 others like this.
  18. Study plans don't work for me. I was planning to avoid the pain. What is best for me is to act like a wolf, not to follow a schedule but do what is necessary instantly and take care of priorities. The less I think and organize the more effective my learning is.

aricking, Gryf, Leader of ME and 3 others like this.
  19. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Fucking awesome thread. Thank you for this.

Right now. Do an hour of solid reading from the sales book and take good notes. Getting after it.

Update:

Time for the next session. A swig of coffee and set the timer to 60 minutes and keep plowing through the sales book. Learning and growing.

Update 2:

Lets go, next session is due. This time I will complete a textbook exercise.

Update 3:

Already destroyed the exercise like a beast. I'll take a 5-10 minute rest and then I keep pounding another hour with the sales book and making sure I write good comments for it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020