B3's Workout Playlist (music thread)

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Kenzi, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

@Broken3
    I feel like you need some musical inspiration....
    Therefore I dedicate this thread to you and to all the SOs who work their butts off to look their best every day.
    I implore anyone who pops in to add to it, Upbeat songs that make you want to get up and dance, or are groovy work out tunes (as I know lots of us are always looking for good gym music)
    Anyways, this song is for you my friend!
    I hope you not only giggle, but have a great day :)
    I know we all feel like this sometimes

2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

@Kenzi you realize what you've started here. I can't resist opportunities to find kick-ass, thematically appropriate music.

3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

"Her kinda curves are k-killin' me"

4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Awe! Corruption

5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Ooh I love hinder

6. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Wherever she walks
    She will be captivating all the men
    Don't look in her eyes
    You might fall and find the love of your life
    Heavenly, but she'll catch you in her web
    The love of your life

Kenzi and Deleted Account like this.
  7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

That's because you have amazing taste. Hinder was my favorite rock band until Austin Winkler (lead singer) split up and went solo. Now my favorite rock band is the previously posted Volbeat--f***ing amazing band. I heard one of their songs randomly on the radio one day, and 48 hours later I owned almost everything they've ever done.

Deleted Account and Kenzi like this.
  8. Awe Your the best! :emoji_kiss:

SuperFan and Kenzi like this.
  9. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I won't find a more fitting song for this thread than this one, so I'll stop now:

Uplifting, rockin', full of hope, and a particularly fitting song for someone who goes by @Broken3.

And as someone who's created several lyric videos in my day, I tip my hat to whoever designed this one, because the motion graphics are absolutely brilliant.

10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

This!

SuperFan likes this.
  11. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

We might just be musical best friends now :)

SuperFan and Deleted Account like this.
  12. Wow! Yes very fitting if I must say so myself! I love Disturbed too...seen them a few times at Ozfest years ago.

Thank you and @Kenzi for putting a smile on my face!!

Kenzi and SuperFan like this.
  13. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Catchy as f***, right?!?!

So I was actually in treatment when I first heard this band. The only places we had music were in the gym on-site, and a place called the art barn where we had all sorts of art supplies to complete our assignments. Anyway, I was working out one day and heard one of Volbeat's songs. I was so drawn to it that I found myself jotting down whatever lyrics I could make out and made a mental note to look them up when I was released (we turned in our phones upon admission and didn't get them back until 7 weeks later).

You'll enjoy this one @Kenzi ... rockabilly metal:

Kenzi and Deleted Account like this.
  14. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Skillet's been crushing it lately. I'm only a little ashamed to admit how many times I've seen them live (41).

15. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

You guys might appreciate this story:

Skillet was touring with Papa Roach, and John Cooper (frontman of Skillet) got pretty close with Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach). They started talking a lot about spirituality and God, and rumor has it that Jacoby accepted Christ. In PR's album "The Connection", you can hear some really great lyrics that invoke the search for spiritual truth, meaning, and perseverance. Combined with the fact that Jacoby has battled addiction himself, it makes their music (particularly from that album) especially worthy of respect.

"another big name in rock music more recently stood on stage in front of a church congregation. Jacoby Shaddix has been the lead singer of Papa Roach since 1993. On Easter Sunday of 2014, Shaddix told the attendees of Capital Christian Church in California and told the story about how he became sober and "gave (his) life to God". Shaddix has remained with the band, but the band's lyrics and lifestyle has changed since his decision."
    https://www.tremr.com/michaelab/rock-musicians-and-religion-why-choose-god-over-rock-and-roll

And now
    I finally know what it feels like
    To risk everything and still survive
    when you're standing on the battlefield
    and all the pain is real
    that's when you realize
    that you must've done something right
    'cuz you've never felt so alive

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  16. I'm a hot mess today for sure! Slept terrible..missed a teacher meeting this morning...forgot it was picture day...Forgot about chiropractor appt so late for that...so this song is fitting for today..

Bring me two pina coladas
    One for each hand
    Set sail with Captain Morgan...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
    Kenzi likes this.
  17. Saw them a couple times too. They put on a really good show.

Kenzi likes this.
  18. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I knew it was your jam :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Me too me too!
    So, waiter ..... Did you get that?
    That's 4 coladas, OK?
    Lol