1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Baby It's Cold Outside"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I'm not saying you're claiming anything, and nor am I upset.

To me she honestly didn't seem like she minded much in the sense there wasn't anything beyond "no", not once did she state she felt uncomfortable and there were just excuses instead. But again it's just a song, so I don't know. Either way I never once got a creepy vibe.

2. I didnt think you were upset

As I've said above, you're obviously entitled to your opinion and that's fine.

3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Virtue signaling leftists.

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yes exactly! Theyre okay with bitches and hoes and letting the homies hit it, but not some tame Christmas song. Smh

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Shit like this is why Trump won.

6. You would be correct if both opinions were being treated equally, but they’re not. The song is being pulled and those who disagree with that are being labeled as promoting “rape culture”. Basically people who aren’t taking the song out of context are being bullied to side with ones who are in order to appease the easily offended. That’s what’s happening, but I’m glad you’re downplaying it in your head. It won’t hit home for you until they outlaw something that’s close to you, like the Bible. The best part is they will use your same argument to do that by saying “that book was great for the past, but it has no place in today’s society”.

You’re welcome to think it’s funny. I don’t think there is anything funny about speaking out against those who want to label innocent songs as promoting rape culture.

Cheers.

7. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Fo sho
    Just turn the radio off, right?

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  8. 0111zerozero11

Effin A, I'm out of likes.
    God Bless America & the silent majority :)

9. 0111zerozero11

*liked*

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  10. 0111zerozero11

I do feel sorry for them. They were led astray.....it's not their fault :emoji_shrug:

11. You're majorly overreacting and being downright rude. I never said I agree with people trying to ban something they dont like. I said they're entitled to dislike it, not to ban it. My gosh, dude, calm the hell down. It's a very far cry from someone trying to ban a Christmas song to trying to ban the Bible. Yall make way to big if a deal of this crap. Sure, its dumb, but its nothing to get hysterical over and I highly doubt there are actually that many people in the world who want to ban this song, nor will that even happen, because we have freedom of speech. It's not the end if the world.

I think you're making a mountain out if a mole hill. I think the whole rape culture stuff is dumb as hell, but I'm not at all concerned about a small group of people not liking a Christmas song turning into feminists taking over the world and banning the Bible. Honestly, this is why I always find myself in the middle of these debates. Both "sides" sound equally hysterical and insane to me. Most people are just living their lives and arent effected by this stuff in their daily life. There are so many more important things to be concerned about than people trying to ban a song. If they actually succeed in banning it, then we can talk, but until then, this is just hysteria over nothing and it will probably blow over in a month.

12. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

This is the original. Obviously they had to cut it down to make it a song release.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  13. I see. Those are the same words, but I've never heard it with the woman singing that part. All the modern versions I've heard have the man singing those lines. They didnt cut any of the lines, they just changed who sang them, which changes the tone of the song quite a bit. I doubt many people would have an issue with this version, but clearly that isnt the version everyone is discussing.

14. Octoling

Octoling Fapstronaut

Lol, that thumbnail definitely looks rapey. Not that that is the best indicator or anything.

15. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

You can all stop talking about it now. All this over a Christmas song. Your making me want to commit lifen't

16. dhak

dhak Fapstronaut

noble prize.

17. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Virtue signalers always pick the most mundane shit to ban, ie. plastic straws, this tame Christmas song as opposed to songs by guys like R.Kelly and Too Short. lol

I mean what the fuck, is it because Dean Martin was a White guy? I think it could possibly be so since there's a war against White men right now.

18. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Jaw drops* My gosh, women back then! WOW! I would blame the fellow who didn't try his damnedest to keep her from leaving.

19. Amen

Deleted Account and SilentJay313 like this.
  20. You know plastic straws don't get recycled right? And they just sit at the land fill like other rubbish we throw out? I wouldn't call that mundane, and more like it's good for the environment. Weird thing to bring up mate.

Deleted Account likes this.