1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Back in the challenge. Trying to overcome fetish

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Ed237, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Ed237

Ed237 New Fapstronaut

Hey guys. Long time since I last tried a nofap challenge.
    I feel ready to engage with it once again.
    I´ve never tried to realize it with the help of a forum, but nowadays I´m more open to sharing my story. I also feel that this is a healthy and warm community and that motivates me on doing so.

To explain my situation briefly. I could say that I have always had a fetish. My first discoveries with masturbation and sexual pleasures were involving it. It wasn´t a gradual progression. At first, I used to watch some vanilla too, but there was no comparison between the two types of stimuli. Shortly after my sexual discovery, with about 12-13 years old, I was exclusively fapping to fetish.
    This was a great source of shame for me and a strong reason for self-hate behaviors. At the time, I thought there was no cure for it and that I would never be able to have sex with anyone.
    This feeling only amplified the behavior and created a vicious cycle, where the shame from the fetish was a trigger for fapping. I can say that I have an addiction since I was 14/15. With at least one fapping session per day.

I´ve had lots of therapy and worked a lot on this issue. Now I can see clearly the reasons and explanations of my fetishes and behavior. The main one and most relevant is that it was sort of an excuse to not pursuing connection and sex with other people, related with fears of being rejected and fear of failing during intercourse. I´m also not ashamed anymore and have no problems with my overall sexuality.

However, despite not having the old shame and self-hate, I´m still addicted to masturbation. I´m 21, by the way.
    Three years ago, my sexual life was more active. I´ve maintained relationships with two women and I had my firsts real experiences.
    At the time, I was unable to feel attraction and couldn´t get horny with people around me. (in fact, this was a lifetime struggle, this inability was one of the main causes of not persuing real sex.)
    That year I had started nofap and had achieved some significant achievements. The whole year I was engaged in the process. Being able to reach a maximum of 1-month pmo for a couple of occasions. I´ve felt a great change and lots of good stuff happened.
    For real sex, however, there was still difficult to get aroused. I begin utilizing medications for doing so. And at first, it worked.
    My brain sort of learned it was possible to achieve pleasure this way and I started to move in the right direction. A quitted medication and became more engaged with nofap pm-mode.
    I started a relationship and things went well for a while. Then my gf moved to another city, and we gradually broke up.
    Since then, I´ve never tried another nofap challenge and I'm back to my old habits.

I´m back in the game because I´ve made several improvements in my life recently. My life is much more stable and meaningful. I´m sober for 3 months( yes, I´m also struggling with drug addictions, weed, alcohol, ciggaretes, molly...) and living a healthy and active lifestyle. My country is still in quarantine and it seems that is going this way till next year.
    I´m heavily motivated to engage in a long term pmo path, at least till next year. Different from the past, I´m much more open to people and determined to relate with others. Quarantine is being a cocoon for me. I want to get back to social life much stronger. PMO is one of my oldest and worse habits. And I fell like I´m ready to overcome it.
    I can recall some of the benefits from my last attempt, and I know that I´m capable of being attracted to people around me. I just need to stop "feeding" fetishes and quit the habit in general.
    My main reason here is to be able to connect more with people and experiment more with real-life sex, and I know that having almost one source of pleasure(a specific fetish) makes things much more difficult. I feel that the quarantine is the best chance I have to build a solid foundation that will back me up for the future.

Thanks for this space
    Wish strength, discipline, and resilience to all.
    Ed.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    the_Raged_Barbarian and Roady like this.
  2. Hi there... :) Welcome to the community.

the_Raged_Barbarian and Roady like this.