1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

Does anyone else feel like bad things stopped happening to them ever since they started with semen retention and if so explain your theory why it's happening cause when i normally used to fap bad things used to happen but now bad things hardly happen to me

2. Interesting point. I can't say I've noticed bad things not happening since I started doing retention, but it's early days, and things are definitely changing for me mentally. I'll be interested to see what other people say.

Cypher123 likes this.
  3. In fact, I was nearly bitten by two dogs about 30 minutes ago, without any reason xD .Bad things can always happen in life.Maybe it's all about perspective.Let's look at it from this perspective, two dogs attacked me but they couldn't bite me.Maybe this is a good thing lol.

brahmacarya and Cypher123 like this.
  4. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I have a few ideas.....

There is maybe a certain amount of self-fulfilled prophesy going on: Fappers might generally have less self esteem....which can lead to behaviors....where bad things happen. For example, a sex addict walking the streets late at night looking for a crack whore just might have some bad things happen to him. Instead, if he is at home reading a self help book.......Good things might happen to him

The second is that from a Christian viewpoint, masturbation is sexual sin.....and it does get punished.

For me personally, EVERY aspect of my life is better the less I masturbate. Health, mood, energy, immune system, etc.

brahmacarya and Cypher123 like this.
  5. MrYang29

MrYang29 Fapstronaut

i can relate to that. i just think, maybe when i was fapping a lot in the past God has punished me because i'm wasting that precious seed(have badluck), and that's a sin literally. and when i'm on semen retention God gives mercy, and maybe rewarding me for my self-control. by the way, i'm a Christian.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    brahmacarya and Davidphd1866 like this.
  6. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Well said Mr. Yang.

I do find it funny how we try to justify sin. I am certainly guilty of both sin......and trying to justify it. Others go so far as to say they "don't believe in sin"........It's like saying, "I don't believe in crime." You might disagree with it, but it exists.

Cypher123 likes this.