Banned Books On NoFap

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by The Passenger, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Hi, just wanted to ask/clarify. Why is discussion of Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking censored? It seems to have helped a lot of people quit PMO and its free so no one is making money. Also, Is the discussion of any other books banned?

Edit: Sorry, the book is called "e a s y p e a s y".

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I'm not a mod, so I do not know the answer to your question, but I wonder if it is to do with this:

3. Stichting NóFáp

Stichting NóFáp Fapstronaut

To be clear, it is about the 'Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking' by Allen Carr. When you search for 'Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking' you get all unrelated results.

4. Yes, I came across that rule. I am not affiliated in any way with the book. So, if I am to interpret the rule in that way then I am taking it to mean that there can be no mention of any books in case the poster is affiliated. Also, it mentions websites. So no websites can be mentioned either in case the user is affiliated? I know you are not a mod, just posing the question to any that are reading.

Yes, that's the book. I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of your comment as it is redacted. Do you mean because there are two versions of the book, one for smoking and one for PMO?

5. Stichting NóFáp

Stichting NóFáp Fapstronaut

When I search for "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking book" I only see mainly 2 books, one about recipes and one about gardening, and a few for language learning.

6. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

There aren't any books "banned" on NoFap. However, if a website owner - content creator - etc - engages in spamming, their links get blacklisted. You aren't really referring to a book, but a website which appears to have "adopted" content (likely without permission from the copyright holder?) from a book about smoking. This same thing happens on many web forums. It's that simple. While we generally do not comment on particulars, if something is in the spam filter, it means that the initiative has engaged in spam/excessive advertising to the point that the moderators determined that it needed to be added to the spam filter. There are very few websites in the filter, so you must be referring to a site that engaged in excessive spam, fake accounts to advertise, etc.

7. Thanks for the response. This makes sense. I hadn't thought about copyright infringement issues.

8. Respectfully, this makes no sense. It's the name of a method to stop addiction. If I'm saying the name of a method, how am I committing copyright infringement. Also, if I mention the method because it has helped me and I want to talk about it on this forum, how am I engaging in spam? It seems like someone else was spamming and now I'm not allowed to talk about it anymore.