1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle of the Comment Sections: Youtube versus Reddit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 13, 2022.

Tags:

Who wins for the worst discussions?

1. Youtube

2. Reddit

3. Equal

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Reddit:
    • It's an overly-censored PC hivemind that is filled with morons whose "experience" is all based on shit they have read and watched videos on the Internet. These morons act like experts on shit they have never done before.
    • Always being so out of the context every time they talk
    • Subreddit moderators
    • Downvotes! Downvotes everywhere!!!
    • Propaganda at its extreme

Youtube:
    • It's more diverse
    • Lots of videos like walk tours, concerts, and travel vlogs have people in the comment sections telling a truth, showing respect, and some lies.
    • Downvotes/Thumbdowns have been disabled and are no longer visible
    • The comment section on every Best Picture Oscar video is divisive
    • News channels always have trashy, cringe comment sections

Similar:
    • NSFW
    • There are tasteless trolls everywhere
    • Keyboard warriors
    • Truths and lies

SamFischer likes this.
  2. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Reddit is simultaneously flat out the worst place on the internet excluding 4chan, and also, an amazing place for specific topics. Damn, I hate this site. So happy I blocked it.

Taylor25 likes this.
  3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Youtube has interesting submitters but cringey commenters, while Reddit has the opposite.

Taylor25 likes this.
  4. I've only ever used reddit for very specific things, so my experience is totally different. Like for example, I have a pretty unknown medical condition and there is a community on reddit for that condition, so I go there sometimes for advice and support, and I've found it very useful and encouraging.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I don't really know what people are saying on YouTube since I use an extension that hides YouTube comments. The only way I can find out what people are saying is by using YouTube on my phone and I hardly ever do that. I generally find reading comments a waste of time. They're full of people looking for attention by saying controversial stuff. The only way to get such people to stop is by ignoring them.

6. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

At least everyone on Youtube knows they're slinging garbage. Redditors act like a college degree is a replacement for a personality. Clout chasing is sinister as all get out on that platform too.

7. SamFischer

SamFischer Fapstronaut

Average Youtuber:
    [​IMG]

Average Redditor:
    [​IMG]