1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Be careful with what you watch...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by InTheWilderness, Oct 24, 2020.

1. InTheWilderness

InTheWilderness Fapstronaut

I was going to put together a more in depth post to convince you why you shouldn’t look/peek. I might do that later, but for now, here’s something for you to think upon and experiment. Take any bottle you have. It’s not heavy right? Hold it for 5 mins. Still not heavy. Hold it for an hour and you will feel its weight, and the longer you hold, the heavier it gets.

Likewise, looking at that girl on instagram might be harmless and nothing, you say. Or maybe that model with her clothes on, staring at her just admiring her beauty. Harmless you say. But keep doing it, and you will feel the weight of it. The pressure will build up, little by little.

You might think you’re strong now, and reasoned within yourself, “Nah, this is just a documentary on sex.” Or “Not a big deal. Just a scene of her undressing.” Or ... well I’m sure you can fill in the blank. The more you peek and look, the weaker you get, slowly, incrementally.

B0CA1A88-F9A4-4781-9D2B-9FA867AEB87C.jpeg

2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Ayyy yess!
    That is a good analogy.

You’re exhausting the energy in your hand when you hold the bottle, same with peeking. It gets compulsive.

Stay (mentally, physically)active man! That helps put off the urges

3. 13When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15

So this guy gave an exegetical breakdown of verse 14....and he didn’t even KNOW it.

TheBigJ and Gods_princess like this.
  4. Wow ! that bottle analogy is so good. Thanks.

5. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

Excellent analogy and post!
    Totally agree, the key to successful abstinence is not to compromise, any small compromise here and there will lead to bigger ones.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I've often likened this process to death by 1000 cuts. If each small cut is a trigger or urge, deliberate or otherwise, then the first few may not even be noticeable, then the next few are noticeable but tolerable, then the next few after that are even harder to tolerate, then finally you relapse. You may think it was the one thing that broke your willpower, when in reality it was many many smaller things piling on top of you. This is why it is so vital, at least in my opinion, to focus not just on avoiding triggers and urges, but learning to deal with them when they come.

7. Awesome Brother
    Everyone should read this