1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Be Ruthless With Your Time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 14, 2020.

1. This moment right now, you will never get it back again as you read. Time is the most viable resource you have. You can spend it on things that are useless, or of your control, unproductive etc. but you will never get it back. That’s why you most be ruthless with how you spend your time. Don’t get me wrong this doesn’t mean you should not meet with friends to let go of some steam and have fun. But if there is a work project or daily task you have not finished then you should complete that first and then have fun.

Like they say Work hard, play hard.

You have to learn to spend your time wisely and like any skill it will take time to master. When you say yes to something you are saying no to something else and vice versa. Write the things you do daily and how much time it takes ups. Then write next to it what you gain from it. Be objective, do you really need to spend that much time on YouTube/Netflix/video games/social media? Do you really need to spend that much time getting ready in the morning before leaving for work? Could you be listening to an audio book instead on your way to work instead of spending time to read the book? Find things that you can eliminate or reduce time on. It will be hard because the first thought will be ‘but I need to do that’… do you really need to or is it an ingrained habit or something you have an emotional investment in. Be objective and ruthless because truly. After it all you will never get that time back unless you cut down on useless things that are time wasters.

Next you have to learn how to spend your time wisely. For example I split my time in to three different areas: making money, fun time/entertainment, and self-improvement. Making money is obvious. Fun time/ entertainment could be having fun with friends and or family. It could be watching a good movie at the end of the week as a reward. Or 1 hour of Netflix before bed after I have finished everything that I need. Even watching 5-10 min comedy to relive stress. Self-improvement involve things that improve me or my quality of life. If something doesn’t fit into those three categories then I ignore it without mercy. It’s why I don’t follow the news.

I know what I want to accomplish and the things I need to do to get there. That makes being ruthless with my time that much easier. Know what you want to accomplish and your time wisely to get there. ​

2. Shadow233

Shadow233 Fapstronaut

It was a really nice explanation...but I have one question for you.
    .what you do when you have a very strong urge ??

Plzz answer my question..I will be happy to know

3. Depends on the situation. If i am social media an find my self looking at a hot girl then i would log off and get back to work.
    Other times i take action, taking action is one of the best thing to do. Here is an example of taking action:
    • take a deep breath
    • put the phone or step away from the laptop
    • go for a long walk or walk around the outside of the house
    • do some push ups
    • leave the house and hang around friends
    • write down on a piece a paper. i would ask myself the question the reason behind the urge, the trigger
    • watch a short funny clip to change my state of mind

4. Shadow233

Shadow233 Fapstronaut

Thanks bro for the tips

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. yeah I agree with the overall message. I've gotten a lot better with studying and being responsible, but I still waste the first 4-5 hours of the day just browsing the internet. You really have to kick your own ass into shape and just do the right thing.

6. Have you thought of picking up a hobby to occupy your time?

7. I have a ton of hobbies which help motivate me and keep me off of PMO. I usually squeeze those in the afternoon, when I'm done studying. Martial arts, strength training, 3 instruments, learning Portuguese, reading, and other stuff.

8. Have you thought about spending more time on those hobbies and less time surfing the internet?

9. Yeah, that would be a very good move. I'm going to start doing that.

Deleted Account likes this.