1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Be the main character in Real Life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by RootsiKunn, Aug 18, 2022.

1. RootsiKunn

RootsiKunn New Fapstronaut

I have been struggling with social anxiety, having a unfulfilling life, resulting in a pr0n addiction (though admittedly a mild one when reading some of the reports here.) I have had a few no PMO streaks in the past, the longest lasting 30 days a year or so ago. It did not work. It did not work, because I had no measurable goals. I had more ideas, more motivation, but I could not see any major results, and I relapsed back to my former self.

But what if I told you that you can get your life back by playing a game? Well, I did, and here is how I did it.

Welcome to Real Life and the concept of gamifying your life.

I am sure that many of you have been playing various role playing games in the past. Perhaps you are still playing them occasionally. But instead of playing a computer game (I am not necessarily talking about DnD and other social and live games with actual people), why not use the same aspects that make a computer game so engaging (and ultimately a waste of your time and life) work in your favor instead?

If you were playing a role playing game on a computer and there would be an option for your character to PMO. Would you do it?
    I would bet ALL my money (and then more) that the answer would be a big NO. You would rather go slay a dragon or solve a mystery, or whatever the goal of the game is. So why would you treat your own life differently?

1. Think of what you want to do, who you want to become. What are your goals and ideals. What are the skills or actions required to reach those goals? Please note that this part of the game MUST be focused on reality, as you can not change your starting character or any physical traits or aspects (you can improve them in the process, obviously). Make the best use of the what you have an build on it.
    2. Open a spreadsheet or a physical diary and write down your character sheet, consisting of skills and activities.
    3. Divide your time into small 10 minute (can be any length of time depending on the difficulty) blocks.
    4. Start doing the activities and learning the skills. For every X amount of time, mark it in the spreadsheet or in the journal. Personally I mark every 10 minutes as 0.1 skill points, though it can vary slightly on depending the activity and my proficiency in said skill or activity.
    5. Watch your skill levels increase in your spreadsheet/diary, and pretty soon you will see your skills and proficiency increase in real life as well.
    6. Use your newly gained motivation, discipline and confidence to do new things you could never have thought of before. Add those new things as new skills to your character sheet.

You can make up as many skills as you want, assuming they are relevant to you and your life goals. Here are just a few examples of what my skill list looks like:

• Strength (gym/home workouts)
    • Athletics (Walking, running, cardio)
    • Social skills (I generally value each approach or social interaction as worth 0.1 points)
    • Learning to play musical instruments
    • Learning new languages
    • Work (working for my own business. Working for pay should not constitute as a skill)
    • Activity (basically whenever I am active, show initiative, get out of my comfort zone - go to the gym when I am not in the mood, etc)
    • Cold showers (I increase my skills by 0.1 for every two minutes in a cold shower)
    • Red light (Look it up, it is very good)
    • Dancing
    • Breathing (I practice the Wim Hof method, but a simple meditation might also be beneficial)
    • Singing (Power singing - putting a metal band on and singing to it.)
    • Reading (Only quality books count)
    • Balance/Core training (slack-line is perfect for this)
    • Food/Diet (Make sure to eat healthy, minimally processed or raw foods. As close to the ancestral diet as possible. I cut out ALL industrial products. If I cheat, then I deduct points.)

Do this, and fapping will not even come to your mind, because you are playing the big game, your game. Your life. Take responsibility of your character and your life. Fapping is for losers not in charge of their character. You are not a loser.

2. A wonderful post. Thanks.

3. Correctly, I make most of these differences and I've seen a big one in pmo desire.

SirErnest likes this.
  4. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Cool stuff, interesting approach
    Also this is true and funny as fuck. I would probably do it once, just for the hilarious aspect aspect of it, watching a videogame character fapping, lmao. But never again, since it meant harming and weakening my character.

5. Ah yes. I have had the idea of what it looks like to be me, wanking alone in a dark room. It's quite odd and sad.

A Conqueror likes this.
  6. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Me too, it is man