1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

Day 0/22
    I've relapsed into M again today. My biggest problem is that my sexual urge was extremely persistent. This morning I started my day as usual, and was a good morning. I exercised, showered, did some studying. Then the urge started. I tried to stop it by immediately focusing on another task, and had lunch. It went away for a while, but came back in full swing after about an hour. The urge left me feeling dizzy, and somewhat horrible. I had a nap, and then it was about an hour after trying to distract myself from it then I relapsed. I felt very discouraged, and powerless to it. I REALLY need some advice on this.
    Meanwhile, I'm going to try and see what solutions I can make or find.

Jack Herafter likes this.
  2. leu the warrior

leu the warrior Fapstronaut

3. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

4. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

The only thing that works against this is to apply a certain ‘skill’.

It is the capability to watch your own thoughts and feelings, like an observer. This way you can distance yourself from your thoughts and emotions. You will experience ‘the feeling of X flows through my body’ instead of ‘I am X’.

It is a sort of meditative state and it is required to succeed here. You will notice that sexual desire is a physical feeling, and your mind responds to it by making all sorts of sexual images, which in turn your body responds to. That makes a vicious cycle and there is only one way to prevent that cycle from happening.

Because if you watch your thoughts and feelings like a quiet observer that doesn’t judge, you are no longer identified with those thoughts and feelings and therefore much less likely to go along with them. Because you then make your own conscious choices.

It is a practice that takes a while to get good at, but the longer you practice it the more effective you become at it. Also don’t do it only with sexual feelings, do it with all feelings.

5. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

6. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

7. leu the warrior

Day 27/30
    I had multiple urges today but I am still on the track.

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

158/150

Still going strong.

chiyu, LongWayToGo, Karom and 4 others like this.
  10. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

11. leu the warrior

12. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Well done Jack Keep going...

14. Downy

Downy Fapstronaut