1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

2. SquidCook

SquidCook Fapstronaut

3. lolman123

lolman123 Fapstronaut

No M or O:
    Short term= Day 5/7
    Long term= Day 5/49 (start 14th September)

No P:
    Day 5/30 (start 14th September)

SquidCook and Jefe Rojo like this.
  4. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

5. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 2/150 (streak broken long time ago in 2003 :()

6. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

7. SquidCook

SquidCook Fapstronaut

8. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

Writing this because I have close to a three-week streaking going and I can feel the danger of a reset coming on. This isn't meant as an excuse to PMO, I intend to fight through this to the best of my ability. It's meant as a reminder to myself and maybe an inspiration to others that no one reset constitutes a relapse and that very seldom is a streak to 90 days done in one go. Looking back at my most recent 90+ streak, I can recall that it was a journey of failures and successes, of acknowledging the hardships as the failures come, trying my best to learn from them and use those falls to prepare for the next run.

I'd love for a 90+ day streak to go smoothly in one straight line but that's not really how they work, at least not for me. It usually goes 3-5 weeks of success with at least one reset (usually more) until I've finally found the stride and re-gain the ability to navigate all the pitfalls we face on a nofap run.

So the point of this post is to remind myself, and anyone who it might help, that the failures are built into the success, it's an expected and important part of the journey, so do not let them deter you from getting right back up and starting your streak again. It's only when we let the resets be an excuse to go back to our old ways that it becomes a relapse. That is much harder to come back from and turn into a success. Be strong and always fight through the hardships, whether you succumb to the temptations or not, if you give it your all you will grow from the experience but only if you stay on the path.

SquidCook and Jefe Rojo like this.
  9. Well said! Resets are lessons learned. However, they are best avoided altogether because they can easily lead to full blown relapses. But we are not perfect and progress happens little by little. Stay strong my friend, you’ll be glad you did!

10. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

19/90 Still right there with ya man

11. Rock on :emoji_metal: When the going gets rough, as it always does, we stay strong :emoji_muscle:. We’ve worked hard for these 19 days. Time to make it to 20!

12. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 3/150 (streak broken long time ago in 2003 :()

13. Glad to hear you guys are doing great. Stay strong buds.
    It’s the sheer determination, relentless efforts that shall reap the results one seeks. Having travelled so far the path not many choose to undertake goes on to say a lot about you all. Stay strong mates, this journey might be riddled with deterrents and drudgeries but the outcomes are totally worth all of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2022
    Jefe Rojo and ReclaimingMe like this.
  14. SquidCook

SquidCook Fapstronaut

15. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut