1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Your Previous Bedtime

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Aug 12, 2021.

1. This is a challenge for those who go to sleep too late and want to make a change for their bedtimes. The idea is to go to sleep earlier than you did the previous day, and do this for two weeks time. Bedtime here is defined as the time you are lying in bed and ready to sleep. Obviously that means all gadgets have been put away.

After two weeks you should have a declining sequence of bedtimes, and hopefully the result is a change you can be satisfied with. A failure to beat the previous time resets the sequence. Two weeks - which could be changed if wanted - is chosen so that the challenge doesn't become too difficult to complete. Moreover, it may not take a long time to make a good change.

Note your last bedtime when you check in. If, for example, your work shifts are such that your bedtimes vary regularly, but you'd still want to take part, you can make some modifications to the bookkeeping so that it makes sense to you.

An obvious companion challenge for this would be the good old No Screen Challenge.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  2. Last night I went in bed at 00:42. I should be able to beat that pretty easily.

3. It was past midnight when I was yet to have a shower and brush my teeth. I didn't quite make it to the previous time. I also went outside to see lightnings in the dark. They made the massive clouds look so cool. So in the end, my bedtime was 00:24, and that's the new time to beat when I start from zero.

4. I had quite a lot of work to do to the late night. I tried to beat the previous time, but missed it by two minutes (actually three because it needs to be less).

5. This is not going according to the plan. I was again working so late that my bedtime was beyond 01:00.

6. I've got times to be updated for three days: 01:09, 01:22, and 01:19. The next one starting with zeroes would be appreciated.

7. 2/14. The goal for last night achieved with 00:35.

8. 3/14. I did it by a wide margin of one minute! I cheated a little bit, though, as I skipped brushing my teeth.

9. 5/14; 00:28

Again just one minute margin. That's not what I hoped for, but at least I'm keeping the game on.

10. 6/14; 00:15

Approaching the right side of the midnight.

11. I was working past midnight again, and missed the deadline. After that, I really took my time, and it was as late as 2am when I was in bed.

12. I checked what time it was when I went in bed, but can't remember it anymore. I think it was 00:15, but at least I'm certain it's 1/14.

13. Two consecutive days at 00:52. I must admit that I'm not really challenging myself, I'm just witnessing how it goes. When you take a challenge, you should make it then. I take a break for a couple of days, and see how much I have will.

14. minitasks

minitasks Fapstronaut

last night 1:30 am
    ( i want to be able to sleep at 10 pm max )

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  15. minitasks

minitasks Fapstronaut

16. minitasks

minitasks Fapstronaut

17. Good to see someone else as well in this challenge. I guess I will come back to it, but perhaps try to do it first for just one week.

minitasks likes this.
  18. Okay, last night 01:43. It should be very easy to beat that.