1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beating SSA and Job Troubles

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kiddy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

I think it's time for me to start giving back. I have been clean for 80 days, and I have to thank the NoFap community. Now I want to share my success because I have come to the point that I can no longer hold this in.

I came to NoFap out of boredom, not really thinking that it was going to be the right fit. I was not into P or M because sexual purity has always been a huge priority for me. I was more into edging and P subs because I didn't know how bad they were for me. But the main reason I thought NoFap would be difficult is because I have always struggled with SSA and I believed it would complicate my journey.

I mentioned coming to NoFap out of boredom. The reason I was bored is that I had nothing to do at work. I was new to my company, but I was not fitting in very well. I don't know why, but the managment was pretty much ignoring me, and my co-workers were alienating me. They wouldn't let me do any major jobs. So there were times when I just had nothing at all to do, which felt like torture. The good part is that I had lots of extra time to focus on NoFap.

My SSA issue has transformed since I started NoFap. I initially hoped NoFap could either lower my SSA urges or help me distance myself from the self-judgment. I soon found myself opening up to loved ones, including my wife, about my struggle with SSA and my journey on NoFap. Now I am way past a neutral feeling about SSA. I have compassion for myself and others with SSA. I am ready to defend anyone who is harassed for being this way, or being different in any way for that matter. I am self-righteous, and I don't really care what people may think.

As for my job, I have remained very cool and composed this whole time. I attribute my self-control to NoFap. I am sure that if I had kept on edging and using P subs, the combination of this and my toxic workplace would have had 2 outcomes. First, my habits would have escalated due to stress, and second, I would have ended up quitting my job due to the stress. But neither of those bad things have happened. I am proud to say that I have received a promotion and I am well on my way to a healthy, balanced work life.

This is just the beginning. I want to find ways to give to others. NoFap is not associated with any specific religion, but I feel they are in alignment with the core of all religions. My journey with NoFap has been the axis of my life for the last 80 days. There have been moments when NoFap was all I had to hold onto, and it has consistently proven to help me carry on during those difficult times. Something this beneficial and reliable should be promoted and raised up. I hope that I will be able to spread the word about this community, even though it might mean being completely open about my personal journey.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    GoRob32 likes this.
  2. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

good one!!! keep it up!!! stay strong

3. FightingItRough

FightingItRough Fapstronaut

Hey Kiddy,

Awesome "transformation". What does your wife think about your SSA?

I have so struggled in this area as well. No PMO has helped a lot, but I am not cured. Not fantasizing is a big help AND staying away from triggers--HUGE. If I see an attractive guy, I just acknowledge it and move on. Much of what I see attractive in another male, is usually what I desire and want for myself.

Great counter! Keep up the good work!

4. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

@FightingItRough If you read my journal, you might notice that after a while I mentioned SSA much less than before. I stopped complaining about SSA and blaming it for my problems. I feel justified and at peace with my SSA way more than I ever have been. Why worry so much about SSA? If you have control over your behavior, than what power does SSA really have? The worst fear I used to have was other people discovering my SSA. But that fear doesn't control me anymore. I feel pretty awesome about being in control of my behavior.

My wife took it pretty well when I told her. She didn't really have much to say. But after that we stopped talking about it pretty much because it's not that important anymore. But I am grateful for her acceptance of me, and I think keeping her love and trust has been a huge motivator during my NoFap journey. I don't want to betray what we have.

GoRob32 likes this.