1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming an open and friendly individual.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ProdigalSon74, Dec 30, 2017.

1. ProdigalSon74

ProdigalSon74 Fapstronaut

I have been dealing with PMO for over a decade, and in that time I have had a lot of time to reflect on myself. I am what would be considered an introvert (someone who is less sociable and closed off from others) and I don't have many friends. The friends I do have are usually busy and when we do hang out we usually end up being bored or having nothing to do. I don't know if it is solely because of PMO or perhaps a number of other factors throughout my life including that one, but I often contemplate on my solitude when I see others with friends that they go out with or talk to all the time. I believe rebooting will help be a big step in overcoming this, but I am not sure how to better connect with other people as the average person would. I would be happy to help anyone here who has a similar problem and hopefully guide others towards recovery.

2. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I think it's questionable that the average person connects with other people any better than introverts.

First of all, there are a ton of average people who are also introverts. Second, connecting doesn't imply a good level of understanding.

If you are a true introvert, you might check out a book by Susan Cain:
    Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

"At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over working in teams. It is to introverts—Rosa Parks, Chopin, Dr. Seuss, Steve Wozniak—that we owe many of the great contributions to society."

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017