1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming better at conversation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BravelyKegger, Nov 16, 2022.

1. I used to suck at holding a conversation, but I seem to be doing pretty well now. Here are some things I learned that helped me improve and I am open to hear your opinions.

1. Talk less about yourself and your opinions, focus more on them and what they say. Try not giving an opinion unless needed or asked for. You do however want to be responsive about what they are saying, ask questions about things they say and make them talk more about it.

2. avoid anything controversial unless they themselves bring it up.

3. make eye contact and show confidence.

4. stay true to your beliefs without rambling or saying more than needed.

5. If the conversation gets quite, make small talk about life, family, them, anything really.

Dr.J_76ers likes this.
  2. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

I value this a lot!

BravelyKegger likes this.
  3. I learned that people like talking about themselves a lot so it is very important to let them do that I feel.

Dr.J_76ers likes this.
  4. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

That's a way to do it yup, another way is to be comfortable with silence. Not everybody can do it and it shows confidence, the rare kind.

BravelyKegger and Dr.J_76ers like this.
  5. That is true. If I feel like I am done talking I will just be silent. This creates a tension leading them to want to talk to you more in order to break the silence.

6. Very good points. It is interesting how the way we word things changes the tone and mood completely.