1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the best version of myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Hi all!

Not new to NoFap but brand new to the forums :)

21st July 2018:
    the first day of the rest of my life, no more PM!

A little back story for those who are interested:

I started my original journey back in 2014, after a few failed attempts i decided turning 22 was as good an excuse as any to break the habit, I was working a dead end job that i had no interest in, barely spoke to friends and I was still a virgin... (despite not being a bad looking guy)
    The very day I quit my life changed completely, I can not express how much it turned around. Got out the house, started making more money, bought my dream car, met so many girls and had them flocking to me, lost my virginity, went from having zero social life to having a thriving one and even had an amazing sex life, got into my first adult relationship, then my second and my 3rd. Constant interest from women, if i had chose to stay single at this point I could've had a different girl in my bed every night of the week. (Not trying to brag here, nobody was more shocked than me)

And then I got comfortable. A year or so into my 3rd relationship (still ongoing to this day) In the end I got bored. I had done it all, i had gotten more out of this journey than I ever dreamed I would. Around a year and a half in I caved, I had peaked and i was now on a very fast downward slope, throughout my journey I had abused this new power I was not mature enough to handle it. I hung out with young attractive girls, I partied HARD with this new found social life, I guess I was trying to make up on lost time, I was using substances and alcohol that I was always dead against but I thought I was having the time of my life.
    That was until I woke up in hospital, for around the 5th time over the space of a few months, this time I could not remember what had happened, family around me upset and I was a mess, my heart was giving out and they had barely managed to keep me alive.
    My (2nd girlfriend) had recently cheated on me and I'd taken a substance with friends to try and forget and feel better. That was the last time I ever touched an illegal drug.
    I walked into a new relationship, with a girl who was against substance use and had previously been in a horrible relationship, everything clicked into place and we're still together to this day.

Shortly into this I became very very Ill and she was there for me throughout, I was helpless though, felt lonely and worthless. One day while sat on my own after feeling like id lost everything I broke the streak...

I have been on and off ever since, going months at a time even but then caving almost as random, waiting for the perfect time and to be confident enough to be sure I can handle this power again. I recovered from my illness, aquired the education i need to pursue my dream career and have been working my ideal job for the past year, now is the time, I'm ready to come back and this time for good, I have learned all the lessons from my previous failure and I'm much much more mature. I'm ready to embrace the challenge again, who is coming a long for the ride this time? :)

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. Thank you for sharing your harrowing story. I'm very happy you found your way back from the brink. Keep coming back!