1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Hair as black as night.
    Golden flecks in hazel eyes.
    Light snuffed out too soon.

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

6785 words this week, new page total is 174 pages. At this rate I am on track to finish the current act in time to take a week or two off at Christmas.

3. Thank you so much! It does mean a lot to hear that from you. I never thought that I'd get to this point and it's so exciting to see a stepping stone for what I hope will be a wonderful career going forward. I'm feeling better now! I'm lost completely back to normal at this point. :D

Aww, thank you! I appreciate the kind compliments you've given each one of us. You guys are such an amazing group and I consider it a deep honor to be able to write daily, hear back from you guys, and have each other help one another grow in writing and developing our projects and ideas. Although things have slowed a bit on my end, I intend to pick it back up strongly once when I'm finished with college, have my degree, and have some time to figure out what I want to do with my life now that a new part of it is starting to occur whether I'm ready for it or not.

4. It's quiet, it's cold.
    It's silent, It's dark.

Menacing darkness, overwhelmed the light.
    My heart is cold, struggles to feel the love.
    Where are you God. I feel so alone.
    Where are you God. I need you again.

You said you'd never, leave nor forsake.
    Yet I feel so empty and alone.
    I know you hear me. But why the silence.

Did I do something wrong.
    Did I push you away.
    It's quiet, it's cold.
    It's silence, it's dark.

Another dark night, of the soul.
    How many more, must I endure.
    How long will the storm, drown the land.
    How long will the clouds, hide your face.

Sure it's darkest, before the dawn.
    I will keep walking, best I can.
    Will you meet me again, with warm embrace.
    Will I die, in the dark night of the soul.

I know the sun will rise again.
    I need your grace to see me through.

5. @vicicool I tried posting this to your profile but to many characters. A dark night of the soul. From yours truly.

vicicool likes this.
  6. How are you able to write a poem daily @Henryforward? What's your secret to good poetry? Tips?

Henryforward likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Pleasures of the flesh,
    bring forth blissful contentment.
    Poison in the end.

8. vicicool

vicicool Fapstronaut

Did u write that or is it from the book?

9. I wrote it last night @vicicool

That's good atomic deep painful wisdom. @AtomicTango

@aspiringwriter1997
    I guess it's a gift I have. I just sit there and the words just want to be written down. I see anything I can write poetry about it. Whatever I feel I can write poetry about it. But with all things it just needs patient and practice, nurture yourself and it will grow.

10. vicicool

vicicool Fapstronaut

It‘s wierd cause I felt that last night too.
    But for me it‘s a lack of love that I feel in my heart. Also a reason humans do P, because of loneliness.
    But I prayed and then I felt better. Knowing that God has great things planned for me and this loneliness actually is bringing me closer to him.
    Apostle Paul wrote about how he is at the same time hungry and content and how it‘s an art to be so.
    It‘s like our heart is a cup. And every day this cup has to be filled with love. And every day we get hungry again.
    Reading Bible helps, a lot actually.
    But I diden’t do that yesterday. For me yesterday it helped reminding me that God is the source of all good and if it‘s not from him, I don‘t want it. And just looking to Jesus and trusting him.
    Then I said 10 things I am grateful for.
    Being grateful combats loneliness and other things like sadness, frustration, anger ...
    For NoPMO it REALLY helped to pray this: God please make a wall of fire around me, for you have said „ I will be a wall of fire around Jerusalem and the Glory within it.“ [Zechariah 2:7]
    Make a wall of fire around me to protect me from the demons and be the glory within me.
    Jesus come and cast out the traders in my temple, that have entered through the darkness of my eyes. Knock over the tables and send them out!
    Then I also put on the armor of God with an image of a Viking warrior that I photoshopped ( it‘s my phone wallpaper)
    [​IMG]
    - belt of Truth
    - breastplate of Righteousness and Love
    - shoes of Gospel
    - shield of Faith
    - sword of God‘s Word
    - helmet of Salvation

and the Last, but not the least my conscience was comforting me.
    Jesus diden‘t call the Holy Spirit, „the comforter“ for no reason.
    He is a comforter.
    Then the hole in my heart was gone and I felt like this feeling that you get when you shake the hand of someone you get along with, and you‘re friends, not super freinds, but friends . F. Ex . A nice collegue at work. and your just comfortable with each other... it‘s like I felt very comfortable and a little happy. That‘s how I would describe the feeling ...bc I don‘t know a Word that could describe it. :) and then I went to sleep.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Anakin66 and Henryforward like this.
  11. vicicool

vicicool Fapstronaut

Isn‘t it strange how we‘re lonely at the same time? It‘s almost like you could say we‘re not alone.
    As in, not the only one experiencing this in the world.
    But still feeling it in our heart and maybe physically alone in a room.

Let‘s be lonely together.
    A little less lonely, love.
    A little less lonely, love.

(Avicii + Rita Ora)

Anakin66 and Henryforward like this.
  12. These are really great comments. Thanks but I feel like we shouldn't derail this thread. Do you want to dm or make another thread and we can continue?
    Thanks so much either way I have just been feeling quite alone lately. And perhaps amongst all the noise trying to block that has also blocked God out.
    It's when I can't really feel him, is when it gets darkest.

vicicool likes this.
  13. The sun goes away.
    It's cold, dark and I'm alone.
    Comfort in silence.

Birds cross the divide.
    Ignoring the great abyss.
    To a new land. Home.

A couple haikus. I wrote many today but they are mostly quite dark.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I close my eyes and
    my dreams are vivid and clear.
    When I wake? Poof! Gone.

I realise now that I really should have taken a break midway through writing this act as opposed to waiting until the end. Now I'm kinda in a situation where I kinda want to take a break but also really dont want to because it would mess up my planning. In future I'm going to take these breaks though because damn, this book is going to be long, and I 'm really feeling its length. This act is going to be longer than 200 pages by itself, and there are two more after that. Once I reach a certain point the story hits the gas and barely lets up for the entire rest of the book and the third book too, but the fact its taken so long to get to that point is making writing tiring.

Having said all that I'm not going to stop lol.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

16. I believe so. I wrote poems with rhythmic structures as a kid before switching it up to more free verse, modernistic poems, but haikus have become my niche as I think of all the styles of poetry I've written, they're by far the best and most superior. I've written more poems about nature than anything else, but the styles I've written these poems have become a bit repetitive, so I'm trying to find new styles and break the mold. Now might be a good time to return to the ode I started back in September on the planet Venus. I'd like to write a bundle of odes on the planets, zodiac, and have an astrological collection of poems, but I'll have to see what happens and consider if something like that would be sellable in today's poetical market. So the secret then is to try and write a poem daily and see how it goes then? Is that what you're implying?

Well, I managed to get some good writing in the morning and I even got the first section of the first chapter officially finished. I worked on the ending and that should be completed tomorrow or so, giving me the rest of the week to work on the two sections that's been the most difficult because it's outside of my comfort zone and I'm stepping into new territory. I'm up to 2,985 words on this chapter and I've got roughly a little over 1000 words until I reach my word count goal, but it's looking like it might be 4500-5000 words, which is okay. I'm bound to finally complete it this week and then get back to planning, making character notes, and getting the first few chapters off of the ground.

I intend to add my new haikus to my bundle this week and maybe write some more. I hope to also work more on a long poem I've written in fragments as well as begin research for my second article. The writer in me's back and I hope it's here to stay! :D

17. Nothing implied. Just as with anything if you nurture anything it will grow. I've been writing a long time. Then I tried poetry and it seems to come naturally.

Anakin66 and aspiringwriter1997 like this.
  18. This follows no real rules of poetry, yet I think it still works.

There's peace to be found in the eye of a storm.
    There's hope to be found in the clutches of death.
    There's love to be found when your heart has run cold.

We build ourselves kingdoms of iron and sand.
    Yet iron will rust, and sand will run out.
    When it's all going fine we say, let us rejoice.
    Yet when the dark days return, question all to the core.

Why is it easy to love one but yourself.
    Why is it easy to forgive a friend, yet you continue to blame yourself for things of old.
    Building up walls to hide your dead heart.
    When will you learn to just let it all go.
    When will you learn that it's all just so vain.

You pride yourself for achievements on stone, yet a moment of applause fades away into dust.
    You lust after praises of fellow man, yet all in a moment he fades to dust.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
    You build yourself kingdoms of clay and steel.
    Yet clay becomes dust, and steel becomes rust.
    It all fades away, no matter the cost.
    It all fades to black, no matter your name.
    Sooner or later we must all leave this world.
    It's harder and harder to just take a breath.

So hold out your hands and cling onto hope.
    There's hope to be found if you'll just hold on.
    Takes yourself a little less serious.
    Love somebody outside of yourself.
    Maybe if you learn to love someone else, one day you'll know how to love yourself.

Be patient and gentle, don't rush to speak.
    Be kind not resentful, slow to the tounge.
    If I understand all and speak like an Angel.
    If I understand mistery and secrets hidden in time.
    If I have faith to move a mountain but have not love.
    Then I am a noisy bell in the morning.
    A painful cry when babes are sleeping.

When I was a child I thought the whole world was mine.
    Now that I chose to leave that behind.
    Now that the veils lifted, my eyes they do see.
    It's horribly painful to take the red pill.
    Wisdom and knowledge is what we must seek.
    When your eyes have been opened, ignorance offers no bliss.
    It's painful to know truth, yet one must continue to walk.
    One must continue to look above themselves.

Many have gone before you, many more shall follow you.
    Your thoughts are unique and precious as gold, you'll fade away and a way will be found.
    The world keeps on spinning when it all gets to much.
    The world keeps on spinning when we all turn to dust.

It's easy to lock yourself in a prison you built.
    It's easy to keep yourself safe and alone.
    Yet slowly you light begins to burn dimmer and darker.
    Where do you run when your all out of breath.
    Where do you go when your tired and bruised.

I'll look to the sky where hope can be found.
    I hope one day that my cry will be heard
    Even kings have moments of sadness, even queens feel so alone.
    We all are human and we all feel the same.
    Even with walls we can break at anytime.
    Next time your troubled try to look,
    Look beyond what you see and don't look down.

The sun will shine, the fog will fade.
    Hold onto hope and joy will be found.

19. 2736 words today. Bringing the total to 10140.

20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut