1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. No. Nobody in their right mind believes that who has read the Bible.

Jesus Christ always referred to satan as "the enemy".

No demon or magic is part of Biblical faith.

I'm kind of astounded that I even have to clarify that.

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1300 words done today, finishing chapter 1.

Anakin66 likes this.
  3. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Finished my engineering report yesterday. 3000 words in total. Now working on another design and report. I was able to get 250 words in this morning. Gotta crunch numbers for the rest of the day.

4. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

This will be a great milestone! Good luck for chapter 2!

5. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

You have a knack for misunderstanding eh?

Aren't Satan and the other fallen angels demons?

Doesn't Christ perform miracles by raising the dead, turning water into wine, healing the sick etc? All magical feats if you ask me.

I won't get into a religious debate here as I have profound respect for the Judeo-Christian
    faiths, but I'm also logical and pragmatic. I understand the symbolic importance of these biblical stories and have read extensively on their origins and deep roots in ancient mesopotamian culture.

You say your religion does not allow you to read Harry Potter and I call bullshit. Point me to the verse in the Bible that's implies so (I won't even bother asking for an explicit citation). Is your faith not built on solid ground to allow you to read Harry Potter? Or are you gonna lose faith in Christianity and start worshipping Dumbledore? Sadly it's followers like yourself with a weak grasp of what your religion entails that continue to undermine Christianity. I will end by imploring you to think for yourself and have faith in your saviour less you may be tempted to read works of fiction.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you, and good job finishing your report!

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

You may have been incorrect to say demons and magic are "tenets" of Christianity in the sense that they arent really the main principles of the belief system, but thats an incredibly pedantic point and I dont even disagree with your primary argument so I wont go down that route.

I'm no theologist, but I thought the idea was that the feats performed by Jesus were classed as "miracles", which is different to magic in some interpretations? I know of some sects of Christianity which forbid anything to do with "The Occult", which by some reach of logic would include a series like Harry Potter. I wonder if the Narnia books are also taboo, even if they are analogous to biblical stories?

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

No writing for me this weekend, going to take a break to read over and edit what I have written so far. The brief prologue and chapter 1 come up to around 6300 words. Pleased with what I have gotten done so far and excited to continue next week.

Anakin66 likes this.
  9. Yes they ARE demons, and they are NO LONGER angels.

10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Chapter 2 started, 1100 words written for it so far.

Anakin66 likes this.
  11. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Great work. You are making excellent progress!

12. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

You can't have light with out darkness, good without evil, peace without conflict. These are stories exemplified by the biblical stories and to your surprise Harry Potter.

13. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Wrote very little yesterday. I'm still crunching numbers. Hopefully will get some writing done tonight. Report due tomorrow.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you, It is very satisfying, almost tempted to start writing at other times of the day but I dont want to burn myself out. Having said that I'm having more fun with it than I have with anything in a long time so I dont see how that could even happen at this stage.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1850 words written today, chapter 2 maybe two thirds of the way done.

Anakin66 likes this.
  16. My friend, I have mad respect for another writer, but you have misquoted the Bible.

In II Cor 6:14, Paul writes:
    What partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? What fellowship has light with darkness?

17. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

2200 words in over 12 hrs. Haven't slept in 30 hrs, pulled an all nighter. Good news is that the second design report is complete. I can get back to my research manuscript now. A new day beckons.

18. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

I wasn't quoting the Bible. But I imagine your cited text has to be put into context. I will look it later. Also, I do remember that Saul, before he became Paul, was an enforcer against early Christians. Then he converted after committing atrocities against the followers of Christ. In this context, did he not find the light?
    For me it's very clear, ironically as day from night.

Go back to the source and read with purpose. Question everything, not to blindly reject or accept the words at mere face value. Those biblical stories have a much deeper meaning to us as humans on how to conduct ourselves, especially in today's world. Take the story of Job for example. Would you care to offer your interpretation of Job's faith in the face of extreme suffering? It's a beautiful story and one of the most powerful in the Bible.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1000 words today, but I also went back and rewrote a lot of what I wrote yesterday so I'm unsure how much new material I actually got done today. Regardless, chapter 2 is nearly done.

Edit: Had some time to kill so added another 900 words and finished chapter 2.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Anakin66 likes this.
  20. 1. Yes this is true. In Acts, Paul met Jesus Christ and was saved.

2. You pretty much nailed it. Job was a wealthy man, who believed in God. God let the devil take everything away. The devil claimed that Job would turn from God if he lost everything. So God told the devil he could take away everything Job had, even his health, but that Job was to remain alive.

Anakin66 likes this.