1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Around 1800 words done today, didn't intend to write so much but I dont like to leave scenes half finished and run the risk of my train of thought being forgotten.

Anakin66 likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Just making a quick post to inform anyone who was following my progress that I'm gonna be using the site less regularly from now on, maybe once or twice a week. I'm doing this because, as you may have noticed, I'm not really getting anywhere with NoFap at the minute and its become obvious to me that seemingly harmless unnecessary browsing has become a bit of a trigger for it, so I'm gonna try and cut down on the amount of time I'm spending on my laptop without any clear goal. I dont seem to even think about relapsing when I'm writing or being productive on my laptop so it makes sense to me to do this, I'll replace the time spent with something else. I'm still planning on keeping my writing going so I'll update bi-weekly or something.

Anakin66 likes this.
  3. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Hey man, do whatever you need to do keep your battle going. Your writing progress has been very good and has been motivational for me too. So please do post whenever you can. Good luck with the writing and with your NoFap goals.

4. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Wrote 240 words today for a personal blog.
    I have been editing my manuscript and doing some lit review for the past two days. I'll be running computations over the next week and will hopefully get some writing done intermittently. My goal is to complete my manuscript by April 15th.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you, its annoying to say but sometimes being on NoFap is a trigger for me, like the simple act of thinking about it reminds of relapsing. Its weird but true.

Anakin66 likes this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Got chapter 3 done today, taking my total page count up to 46 and word count up to 16,000. Still on track for the finished book to be between 300-400 pages but I need to take care not to get too self indulgent and write significantly more than that. Close to or slightly more than 400 is the sweet spot at the minute.

Anakin66 likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Decided to take Sunday off but got back to it Monday and Tuesday, writing around 1800 words total across the two days.

Anakin66 likes this.
  8. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

I also didn't write over the weekend. Got some writing done this morning, about 120 words in an hour. I'm still crunching numbers and will pick up some pace by Thursday.

AtomicTango likes this.
  9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Got around 1300 words done today, finishing chapter 4. Trying to vary chapter length somewhat, with this one being a bit shorter than the others. I imagine chapter 5 will be short as well but chapter 6 is looking lengthy.

Edit: I know I said I was going to post less but I find myself with an hour or so of free time where its too late to keep doing my afternoon stuff and too early to start anything I had planned for the evening. Better to jump right on this thread and make an update then jump off than spend that time unwisely.

Anakin66 likes this.
  10. Kvath

Kvath Fapstronaut

Whatsupppp. I have internet now, I'll be creating my website this week. Sorry lack of communication, I like keeping in touch with you guys. Hope you're having good days

AtomicTango and Anakin66 like this.
  11. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Glad to have you back. We have been making steady progress.

Good luck with the website!

12. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Post away my friend! Keep em flowing.

13. ap_teacher

ap_teacher Fapstronaut

Hi! I am really interesting on this subject, I definitely need to improve in writing too! Would you please send me the document too?

Anakin66 and Deleted Account like this.
  14. For sure! As long as I can find it

Anakin66 likes this.
  15. HelplessPleaseHelp?

HelplessPleaseHelp? Fapstronaut

Hi man, I found it the most helpful to write within specific hours. Don't you think?

Anakin66 likes this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

700+ words today, slightly less than usual but I decided I need a bit more time to think about where specifically the chapter is heading.

Anakin66 likes this.
  17. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Feel free to participate in this thread too.
    What are you writing?

18. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Yes, me too! I'm most productive in the mornings between 10 and 12 noon.

19. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

The beauty of writing, all part of the process.
    You've been churning out massive chunks of words. Great work!

AtomicTango likes this.
  20. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

can you send me that list if it's not a problem