1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I have a friend who is an editor (albeit I'm assuming for non-fiction) and he says the tab thing doesnt matter as much as I may think it does. I'm still gonna delete the tabs anyway at some point but yeah, I was surprised he said that.

2. I ended up writing seven haikus this month, kept them all, and had to only edit two of them when I was preparing to add them to the bundle. I just now realized that one of them's slightly repetitive but I'm keeping it in case it's better than the previous one I wrote some months earlier or I may discard the older one when I re-read it. I've almost written 50 haikus this year and I can sense yet another style change in how I write them.

AtomicTango likes this.
  3. Nan0nymous

Nan0nymous Fapstronaut

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

527 words today. Decent enough start.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

@Henryforward @aspiringwriter1997 I'll tag these guys cause they are the ones who write poetry.

6. I ended up writing an unexpected haiku this morning:

Honeysuckles are such
    colorful and fragrant fruit
    for the hummingbirds.

AtomicTango and Henryforward like this.
  7. I'll tell you a secret about poetrt. Everyone has the potential to write it. It just comes with practice!
    Keep it up brother it's an art and art is perfected by practice.
    It would appear by your writing your feeling pretty down about a lot of things.
    If you get this habit behind you life will improve.
    I was at 55 days and stupidily listened to just once!
    I had to take a day of work I was so torn emotionally and physically.
    And don't write God off. Just tell him how your feeling and get into reading the word. That's how we stay strong.
    But yes keep writing it's a good way to let of steam.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I like it, but the format is currently 6-7-5. I'd change it to

Honeysuckles, such
    colorful and fragrant fruit
    for the hummingbirds.

9. Also greatings my brothers. Sorry I kinda abandoned the thread again. I got a bit stuck in my books. I actually think if I get back into it I'll focus on my dystopian novel. That was bringing me a lot of joy.
    I've written a little poetry and a few haikus but not as much.
    I've started working again so have been quite busy during the weeks with that.
    I've also been going on hikes in the weekends to keep my mind clear.
    I had made it to 55 days last weekend then slipped, then again this Sunday. However I finally see it for what it is I think. A trajic lie. We are not giving up anything when we quite fapping. We are instead unlocking who we really are.
    I'll make it this time. And I hope to get back into writing soon. Do tag me when you think of me of flick me a DM.
    Hope you guys have been well I'd love to hear a bit of an update on how life is going.

All the best brothers may you have strength and boldness and may the peace of God be with you.

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  10. Okay, that's amazing. It was in a rough draft phase but I'm glad you caught that. I appreciate it.

It's great to see you again @Henryforward! We've missed having you around here. I hope we get to see some of your poetry soon. I'm also trying my hand at writing a book.

Henryforward likes this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1021 words today. May write more if I get the time later.

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Sky of azurite.
    Smiles from up high touch pale skin.
    Tidings of Summer.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Welcome back Henry, looking forward to seeing your continued progress.

Henryforward likes this.
  14. Thanks brother. It will be nice to get back into it.

15. Finished editing an essay yesterday, wrote my monthly stoic entry for my Stoic journal, and wrote another haiku. Not sure what I'll do next while waiting to hear back.

Henryforward and AtomicTango like this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1335 words today. On track to be done by friday.

17. Great work man. Not sure if I'm gonna get back into my novel though.

Henryforward and AtomicTango like this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Why not?

19. I'm not sure if my plot's strong enough or if the character development's going anywhere

Henryforward likes this.
  20. Maybe do a little planning brother? I've come across templates for character building online. You work out all the traits and quirks. Also plan when events happen and how they tie in. I've much just written all out as I feel but I need to do some planning as well.