1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been crushing on the same girl for 4 years

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, May 5, 2021.

1. But today I am ready to let her go. We were dating for 2 years or so before covid. She has shcizophrenia. Red flag right there but she is a charming girl. I tried to make it work out after the lock down and all until today actually. I have been visiting her weekly to semi weekly for a while and this weekend I invited her to come to my place and celebrate my birthday. She isnt coming because she got anxciety. I think it is mostly fear of commitment but I will never know. It was my last ditch effort at trying to make it work. I cant stay with her if we cant meet at least once or twice a week. It is weird since I really thought she was something when I met her 4 years ago. It is not that I dont love her still. I do, and we will be friends for eternity. But I am going to look elsewhere for someone who is more ready.

2. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Oneitis is never ever worth it. Neither is pursuing a woman with serious mental issues like schizophrenia, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, or narcissism.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  3. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Read volume one of Rollo Tomassi’s “The Rational Male” and make yourself your Mental Point of Origin and also spin plates.

4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

What is like dating a girl with schizophrenia did she ever told you her cat told her you were cheating on her or things like that. What impact had her mental disease in the relationship?

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

The appeal of mentally ill chics is that they are easy; but the trouble isn’t worth the sex that you get.

6. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Get your shit together man. Once you do you are not going to give the time a day to this kind of woman. This all time wasted is on you. Stop trying to fix people, fix yourself and spend your time with healthy people.

7. I never tried to fix her really. I just thought that things were going to work out since she obviously liked me and I found her charming and all of that. I dont automatically judge people based on a mental disorder. I know schizophrenic people that are functioning quite good.

This girl turned out to be less available than I hoped for. We had a good time for a year or so, then it went ok for another year. After that Covid made everything difficult and she spent a good amount of time just being depressed or anxious. She rarely told me about anything that indicated a psychosis.

Sometimes she said she was just feeling weird and I suspect she sometimes got random thoughts that made her pull away. Anyways, all of this is over with now. I remember you have criticized me in about every post I have made about her.

Its not constructive criticism. I enjoyed the time we had but now we are just going to stay friends. It is not as black and white as you believe it is. I think she is a nice girl but the timing was unfortunate. Everything went quite well before lock down. She lost her grand parents and it triggered a depression in her.

I can honestly say that everything that could go wrong went wrong. I got ill first with 4 months in the hospital. Then lock down right after things started to go well again. Then on this final attempt to make something work I realized that she is not at all ready. She likes me but I cant keep going out of my way for her.

Lock down haven't exactly provided me with a ton of alternatives. My crush on her disappeared months ago. I feel like I know her too well now.

Rents77 likes this.
  8. Thanks for asking. She never said anything like that. She seems like a completely normal girl. She talks a lot sometimes, deeply depressed sometimes. The hardest part was that I often had to go out of my way to meet her. She liked me a lot in the beginning and she still likes me. She just likes to take things really, really slow. I think this whole dating thing is completely new to her and she is pretty clueless.

She lives in a different city. Not more than an hour to travel. The problem was that she seemed to have anxiety for a lot of different things. Large spaces with a lot of people, social anxiety and she had a hard time visiting me unless someone was driving her.

Everything went well before Covid though. I believe she has more anxiety for that than she have admitted. The timing was completely off. She is not the type of girl I would marry probably but I was hoping we could have a more intimate relationship.

We share a lot of common interests. I would never judge people based on a diagnosis in the future. Schizophrenia is a red flag but I know several people with that diagnosis. They are all different. It can work out but you probably have to be the one contributing the most.

If I moved to her city she would probably be happy. I cant because of University.

I have now realized that meeting her every week is going to be hard. Thats why I am calling it off.

She may still visit me on Saturday. I dont think that will change anything. I am going to look elsewhere for gf material.

9. True. I like having options. Out of the diagnoses you mentioned, I am steering clear of borderline and narcissism. My mom is bipolar. I have learned that the diagnosis doesn't define the person. They can be loving and caring anyways. Maybe not if you are narcissistic. Never met a narcissistic person which I like. Schizophrenics can be really nice people. They just have thought disturbances from time to time. A well functioning schizophrenic is aware of that and know that the thoughts are not real and have learned to live with it.

brassknucks likes this.
  10. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

You are still not getting the point... why keep waisting time with a person that have mental issues when you can spend it with woman as good as her but without those mental issues?
    You are attached to a woman that is never going to be able to give you what you want. Instead of accepting the fact that she is not girlfriend material and moving on to a healthier woman, you are still trying to make it work with a woman is never going to work. It's always going to be something because she is damaged. You are not seen that stuff yet because you have too much attach to her. No matter how much you want it to work with her, is not going to work and you are going to waist a lot of time and emotions.

Also, everything you say make it really clear that you are way more into her that she is into you. I really don't know if she is into you at all.
    Examples (only from this post):
    And what about her?? A couple is between 2 people. It only going to work if both of them work to gave a good one. If you are the only working for it then she is not interested in it.

That's the excuse she gave you to not go to your city, when a woman is into a guy she will do anything to be with him man.

Nope, you are making excuses for her because you don't want to see what is really happening or you don't want to accept it.

You said it yourself, you are the only one making the effort once and again. She is not making any effort to be with you.

Yes, and you are still trying to make it work with a woman that is not making any effort to be with you. You wasted 4 years of your life in a rollercoster with this woman and you get nothing.. how much time are you going to waste?

Istead of looking for a healthy woman, you are trying to make it work with a woman that have mental issues. Why?

Another things woman tell to a guy when they are not interested in them and need space. She is not going to be straigh with the fact she is not into you, she is going to make a subtle comment like this and hope you get the hint and walk away.

You are only going to be friend because she is not letting you be nothing more. You let yourself be in friendzone, she drag you in his life and is using you to her will.

It wasn't about the timing. You are still blaming timing or other stuff instead of accepting the fact that you are the only one interested in this working.

So? when a woman is in love with a man, his man is her rock and everything that happens in her life, she is going to be by her side to confort her. She will never pull away from his man when shit happens, so if she pulls away then she is not into you and depression and stuff is just another excuse to walk away from you without telling you directy she is not that into you.

That's what happens when you don't pay attention to red flags and do what you shouldn't be doing.

Again, you are the only one trying... how many times she tryied? When a woman wants to be with you, she will move the earth to be with you. If she is not making any effort she is not into you.

She maybe liked you in the past, now she is not. If she would she would be making the effort to make it work with you. The fact that she isn't make it really clear she is not into you anymore. She is not going out of her way to see you or make you happy, you are the only one doing it and you are really blind to the fact she is doing nothing.

It doesn't... it's still there to the point to keep posting about her in this forum. The womans of my life that I let go are totally gome from my day to day life. I never speak or even think about them, and if they ask me out I really don't care about them.
    I can bet that this woman call you to see you you will run to see her, so don't lie to yourself.

Always you.. never her..

maybe at the biginning, now she is not into you. No matter how much you like her and want to be with her, she is not into you anymore. Stop proyecting your emotions to her and start to see reality the way it is, you are really into her and she is not into you.

No she isn't, she just don't want it to happen. You are just justifing the fact she is doing nothing to be with you.

Woman naturally know what to do. When a woman is attacted to a man she is going to be all over him. When not.. she is going to behave they way she is behaving.

Another excuse.. you are really buying all the garbish excuses she make to avoid going to your city.

Why to settle for a relationship when you are making all the effort? do you really think that your value is so low that you need to be in a relationship were you are the only one giving and making the effort to make it work?

Read again previous post of yours and all the other examples I gave you to make you see she is just a friend and is not into you anymore.

"There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see"

matt2k12 likes this.
  11. I am not blind. I always read everything you post. You have some points but you always assume that I am really bad with women which isn't the case. She likes me. You assume otherwise. She is mentally ill. That is the main point where stuff is going wrong. I usually have a ton of options but I have limited my social activity during this pandemic.

She have shown more interest lately. Things have been going quite well and she have been talking in future terms, suggesting that I sleep over when her apartment is ready etc.

I dont often have crushes really. Only when there is really good chemistry and a spark.

We have been having 12 hour long dates, some kisses and some intimate moments. Thats not really the problem.

The problem is that she is having good and bad days and are unreliable in that sense. It is hard to plan anything with her since half of the time she is having a bad day. Often she wants to meet even when she has a bad day but sometimes she cant. Especially not if its out of town.

So the result is that we are not meeting often enough to make progress. I blamed the pandemic for a long time but it is not just the pandemic. It is her. It doesn't matter how much I like her or how much she likes me. We cant be together if she cant meet me more often.

And the 4 year thing sounds long. It really isnt in this context. We were basically living together for the first 2 years and everything went pretty well. Then I got some infection from a tropical disease and was quarantined for 6 months. So we lost contact completely. When we finally started to pick up from where we left, she was taking quite a lot of initiative as well. We met 3 days a week for 2 months or so until lockdown hit.

Couldnt meet her for several months once again. Then we met once every month or so for a while but it was a hard time for both of us with winter depression and partially lock down.

Then recently I decided to give it a last shot and see if it could work out. I have tried. I wont be treating her as gf material anymore. We can be friends. We can be something in between but I will look elsewhere for a better match.

12. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

I know you do well with woman you are not interested with, but when you really like a woman you are cluless.

Her actions show me she is not into you, a lot less into you that you are into her.

Hugh red flag. Move on with your life, is not your job to fix her. Don't be "captain save a ho". Her mentall issues are her problem not your, she is never going to be girlfriend material, she is just damaged. Go and look for a healthy woman.

Take advantage of that and find a better woman.

Always look at woman actions not words.

Again, plans for the future. What is she doing rigth now? basically avoiding you.. and friendzone you.. that's what you need to see.

Just some kisses?? she should be all over you everytime in a date. That's what a woman do when she is attracted to his man... no matter how much you hang with her, if she is not into you there is not going to be passion at all.

This is why you don't date people that is damaged. Is more pain than joy. She is not ready to date, she have some serious issues to fix. Look for a woman that is healthy and ready to date and give you what you want. She can't give you what you want, no matter how much you try. It took you 4 years to figure that out (and I really think you are going to still try to make it work with her).

You are the only one to blame. You are trying to make her your girlfriend when she is not able or willing to do that. You think she is into you as much you are into her but her actions tell me she is not, and your actions tell me you are crazy about her. Also... she have mental issues, that disqualifies her for the relationship you are looking for.

She have mental issues, you know that from the first moment you knew her.. but you waisted 4 years trying to make it work with her.
    That's how I know you are blind or you don't what to see reality the way it is.

becomingreat likes this.
  13. The only point you have here is the one about her mental issues. It is the main reason it isnt working out. She invited me out for dinner in 2 days because she was feeling bad about not being able to meet up. That is nice and all and I will show up. The problem is and have always been that she can be outgoing and wanting to meet often for a few weeks before falling off the face of the earth completely without notice. Thats because she is a schizophrenic and she is having bad days or weeks. My country is still on lock down. I am meeting a few friends but making new friends or going on dates with new people isnt really an option yet. I am trying to catch up with old crushes/friends and what not. Still have to keep social contact to a minimum but I have met up with a few already.

14. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

The fact she have a hugh red flag disqualify her for girlfriend material, you could accept that 4 years ago and don't waste all that time, energy and money with a woman like this. You can of course be his friend or friend with benefit if you want but reserve that special girlfriend spot to a woman that can fill that space. This woman is not that woman.

This happens with people that have red flags.. you can avoid reality but you cannot avoid the concecuences of ingoring reality. YOu though you coud change her, you could fix her, you could make it work with with a person that is unable to give you what you want.
    Learn from this experience, next time you see this red flag let her go and don't waste more time.

15. Davikch

Davikch Fapstronaut

That sounds quite... Shevenist? Everyone deserves love. If you are ready, you can even love someone without love in return. Just for love.
    OP already said he didn't want to change her and she was at some point able to give what he wanted. Don't refer to people with shizophrenia as "broken", please, that quite fascist.

16. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Why? everything in live have to be earned. You don't deserve love, you earn to be loved. You earn to be respected, you earn to be trusted.

You go to a relationship to give, but always check if the other person is giving you back, if not you are going to get taken advantage off very often with this mentality.

Love is between to people, if you are the only one loving... then is not love..

They are broken, they have a mental disorder that they need to work on. Is good, is bad? it always depends on the context... but if you are a healthy guy with all your shit figured out then is not going to work if you choose as your partner a woman with shizophrenia. Go and look a person that is living a life similar to your where you can met their need and they can meet yours.

When she is ok she can provide to him, when she is not she is a missing person. You can´t have a healthy relationship with a person like this. He is figuring that out 4 years after knowing her, he have the chance of learning from the experience and go and look for a person that is willing and able to meet his needs.

DarkHunter likes this.
  17. I dont share your views here. I get your points and I will be more careful getting too involved until I really know someone in the future. She will be my friend. Not girfriend material. I never tried to fix her however. I tried to accept her as she is. I didnt mind some mental problems and I was not planning on marrying her. I just wanted to see how long it could work out. I dont regret anything. Now I know that it isnt sustainable long term so she will be a friend which I am flirting and having a good time with every now and then. But girfriend is something I have to look for elsewhere.

18. Thanks for this perspective. I am more of a feeling-judging person and I dont judge people based on a mental disorder. I judge their personality. People with schizophrenia or bipolar or almost any mental disorder can be great people. This girl is very pretty but she is probably not aware of it.

She is also very nice, share common interests, talks a lot about almost anything. She is a great artist. Got a good sense of humor.

Mostly good traits and we had a good time.

I am calling it quits because she is too unreliable when it comes to visit me. I always have to visit her at hers place. If I was her neighbor it would probably work out fine.

She is deserving of love. Everyone likes her. It is just her illness that prevents her from being available as often as I would like.

19. Have you tried meditation? Love is something that comes from within. You cant fake unconditional love. When you start loving yourself to such a degree that you cant stop yourself from sharing it with the world.

Then you see people for who they really are. You look trough the personality/labels and everything and see the real person that shines trough. You then recognize that person as essentially yourself.

20. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

When you work on yourself you reach to a point when you start loving yourself, you are proud of who you became and you are really happy about it.
    That's a great moment to go and share it to the world. Also is a great moment were you don't put up with people crap. You can go and leave behind crappy people to be with happy people that already do their work.

That's the place I'm rigth now. Did my work and I'm ssharing my completeness to the world. Also I'm helping people to see reality the way it is, and encourage people to work on themselves to be happy and have a fullfilling life. Also is easier to see the reality when you are in a better place and is easier to surround yourself with people that is going to bring more happiness and good times. Mix yourselve with unhappy people and with a lot of issues.. and they are going to bring a lot of drama and bad moments to it.

I choosee happy woman that are 100% always in a good mood and are easy to be with, that are consistent and always what to hang with me.. you choosed a woman with health issues that is no way shape of form can give you what you want in a relationship.. That's whhy I suggest you to start looking at reality the way it is and question yourself why are you so focused with this woman and not going out with more happy and healthy woman. Find the reason and maybe you can start working on solving it... and maybe in the future you can be happy and choose happy people to be with.