Been on a 250 (+-) day streak and determined to get there again. Who wants to be my AP? Christian

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by 15Daniel, Apr 15, 2020.

1. 15Daniel

15Daniel Fapstronaut

Let me know and we can start a discord or something!

2. MrYang29

MrYang29 Fapstronaut

Let's go, son!

15Daniel likes this.
  3. 15Daniel

15Daniel Fapstronaut

Nice, lets see if we can get someone else perhaps as well. I'm on day 5 already.

4. 15Daniel

15Daniel Fapstronaut

How was today? I'll be honest and change my status as soon as any form of relapse comes about. Some things I have learn't from reaching my previous streak. Keeping busy is #1, as a Christian, you literally have to be hungry to read God's word EVERY DAY and strengthen your faith/relationship with him. I try very hard to pray and read daily and do so 99% of days. As soon as I slip up, especially two days in a row the temptations hit me hard. I have some really good sermons I can send fellow Christians which have helped me keep going, remember its a battle you will always fight but we must strive to overcome and be in control - that I believe is key. We must first believe that we can be victorious over this issue. It is perhaps one of the worst offences against God and internalizing this has helped me immensely. Never be board and surfing web aimlessly, do set up blockers on phones and PC's, I have almost everything under lock down and it takes some effort to reverse these measures which often prevents me falling to the temptation. I can recommend if interested. I must say, since I earnestly repented of my sins and truly became a Christian last year in July that's when I went on an really long streak and finally felt victory over this sin (250 days +-). I still struggle and have since relapsed a few times but I no longer am a so called 'slave' to this disgusting habit. Keep kicking the devil when he's down gents, we can do this! Figured we should get a nice small group going for accountability. Need Christians as our motivations compared to secular guys are usually very different. Join if serious and a true believer in Christ. Ideally 20-30yrs.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  5. Can I ask why u relapsed after ur 250 day streak?

6. 15Daniel

15Daniel Fapstronaut

Hi @Chastity247,
    I remember having a major relapse prior to beginning the streak which was most likely the result of lack of self control during a particularly stressful time. I've noticed periods of high stress are my main weakness and I must watch out for these. I'm sure many can relate. So I continued for that long and eventually took an extended holiday - it felt amazing to get on such a streak; not only mentally but you just feel amazing physically which is one of my motivating factors. Coming to the end of my holiday I was experiencing anxiety as I often do and what was a 'peek' turned into a full on relapse. Really disheartening but just got to pick yourself up and start again! I am gradually overcoming this and so can you! We just got to take it day by day, you may lose the battle but we're in it to win the war - as is the case with most addictive issues. It's all about having control over it. Recently this lock down has been my most challenging time yet. I unfortunately relapsed with M last night but been P free for a week. I find the latter to be much more discouraging but I will abstain from all forms as one almost almost goes hand in hand with the other.

Let me know how you're doing my man!

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. xXkiller42

xXkiller42 Fapstronaut

https://discord.gg/FtFGRZQ
    GOT A CHRISTIAN DISCORD GROUP FOR YOU GUYS!

15Daniel likes this.
  8. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I’m sorry to hear about your relapse but if you’ve reached 250 days before I’m sure you can do it again without a doubt! It is a great achievement mate and perhaps you should find a activity to undertake when you’re stressed so you don’t resort to PMO again. Gotta learn from your mistakes so we don’t repeat them. I’m doing great myself just at the beginning stages at the moment hoping to reach far beyond!

9. Btw Daniel, did the urges decrease on your 250+ streak? Or did they become manageable.

hoping to hear back from u soon; thanks.