1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been trying to quit on my own for a year, need support.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by DrRobotronic, Nov 26, 2015.

1. DrRobotronic

DrRobotronic Fapstronaut

Hey NoFap!

I've been trying to quit PMO for about a year or more now, probably since I first found out about it on Reddit. I'm 21 now, and probably got into PMO when I was in high school, probably as a way of coping with my depression although I'm still not sure if it wasn't one of the major causes of it.

I've had some pretty good streaks, but lately haven't been able to do that lately. Probably been in a slump since the summer for a number of reasons. I had just finished up a two year college program, but was unable to find a job. Meanwhile many of my friends had moved away. I wasn't having much luck with finding work, and becoming increasingly isolated socially. I'm back in school now for a one year program, but I'm having trouble staying on top of everything.

I think I still PMO for a few reasons, it's a way I procrastinate, and helps me feel less lonely when I'm really not making the time to hang out with friends or seek out a relationship.

I've been meditating recently, at least more regularly. I've been trying to make that a habit for a while. Recently gave up video games for a little bit, as that extra time in front of a screen made me all the more likely to relapse. I still struggle with being in front of a screen as I'm in school for web development so I'm always only a click away from a relapse.

I guess I decided to come here as the last few times I've reached out for help on the NoFap subreddit I've not gotten much response, probably due to the large size. I'd like to beat this thing once and for all, so I can have more focus in school and work, and not feel like it's something I NEED to do. Not really any sex or relationship related goals, I just want to be happier, have a clearer mind and sharper focus. I'd love to find some people to be able to reach out to on a regular basis although I suppose there's another place for that on here.

DrRobotronic, Fapstronaut

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. If I can help, let me know.