1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bein alone as an adult - Overcoming anxiety - ABCD model(REBT)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by (: Amazing!, Nov 22, 2022.

1. (: Amazing!

(: Amazing! Fapstronaut

A - Activating event – alone in a room. At first sight, I was alone in the room, but I wasn’t aware that people surrounded me outside of the room and in the world.

B- Belief – I am alone; I can’t stand it. There is no one to help me; I will die.

C - Consequences – Feeling isolated and lonely, feeling anxiety in my chest. And I have a more serious appearance after I go among people. Everyone asks me why I am so serious. I was serious because I would feel difficult most of the day, and when I went somewhere, I would bring those feelings with me, which is completely ridiculous.

D – Disputing – Why do I sometimes feel lonely in the room and sometimes don’t? It is the same room. I would feel fine if I hung out with friends and came alone in my room. But when the whole day I am alone in a room, I don’t feel fine because of this death-facing situation, which is completely irrational. I can always go outside to a friend’s house or a cafe to be surrounded by people.