1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being dumb with a crush?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by changinguser, Apr 4, 2018.

1. changinguser

changinguser Fapstronaut

Hello, I am just curious about something that happened to me. Someone approached to me today and this happened:
    - the volume of my voice went much lower
    - I didn't make a lot of sense talking
    - I felt for a few seconds lost and very dumb
    - my thoughts were EXTREMELY SLOW
    - I felt like if I had forgotten to exist... Like not knowing what to do

So, has it ever happened to you? Or do you know why? It just felt very weird.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

For whatever reason, you believed that making a mistake would be painful. Placed too much importance on the outcome with this other person.

So your mind went into overdrive and you wanted to protect yourself from that pain. You became overly cautious / excessively careful. Which caused you to become paralyzed via perfectionism.

Your perfectionist voice says things like = I'm supposed to be smooth all the time and accepted by everyone. Life is supposed to be painless and positive all the time. I'm supposed to know the right method or words to say all the time.

Your mind tried to reach that perfection. How it's supposed to be clashed with how it really is. Which created a problem. You wanted a specific outcome and you were afraid that you weren't going to get that outcome. Rather than just expressing yourself honestly and allowing the outcome to happen however it chooses to happen.

You stop getting in your way with all of that by doing your best in the moment rather than trying to think your way out of a negative experience. Whatever that current best is. If you don't have confidence with it, you probably don't have much experience or competence with it. So it takes courage to gain the necessary experience via doing the scary, awkward, unideal, imperfect, and uncertain thing that you don't want to do.

Fuck up, fail, embarrass yourself, get rejected, learn from the experience, try again, repeat with courage until you gain competence and confidence with it.

pranav02, Hitto and changinguser like this.