1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Shallow Gets You Woman?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 14, 2023.

1. So long story short I had a really close childhood friend back in High School. At Prom, homecoming, what ever it was he would always be with girls. Especially after he would brag about being with and having intercourse with as many as he could get. In a way I was pretty disgusted, but at the same time I never understood why he got with so many.
    Fairly average with grades, physique, and confidence. It’s almost as if nothing phazed him. It occurred to me one day when we were with a group of friends and one other buddy mentioned that he was so shallow and that’s why he go so many.

And of course half of my buddies were jealous as well.

I to this day believe it, but it just baffled me. Is this the true way to get Woman? Like is confidence a cross out? Especially other pick up artists like Andy Milanokis, etc… Is it just about learning the language?

Brain-Police likes this.
  2. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

I've observed this my whole life. But I'm told to note it is to be a misogynist, so I assume it's only an optical illusion from my evil incel brain.

Brain-Police and AbTheAb like this.
  3. Yeah you don't want to follow your friends example here, "love 'em and leave 'em", might work when you're in your teens, but it becomes troublesome in your 20s, concerning in your 30s, and depressing in ones 40s. It's no way to go through life.

Work on establishing trust with girls and women. I don't mean be a push-over, but demonstrate that you're trustworthy: don't lie to them, own up to mistakes, don't cheat and if you mess up, apologize. You get what you give, so if you give all that, you'll attract a quality woman in return.

4. littlecomet

littlecomet Fapstronaut

First of all, pick up artists are pretty much all bullshit. You're not going to get a girlfriend by listening to guys like that, they basically view women all the same and think they can condense them down to certain approaches and strategies. You might be able to pick up women like that, but it'll get you a quick fuck and not much more. It's not sustainable in the long term. Shallow only rewards shallow.

This guy:
    knows what's up.

Any guy can get a girlfriend. There's a reason there's a trope of the beautiful woman with the average, shlubby boyfriend. Here's what you do:

1. Be decent. Show that you view her as a person, not as an object. When you're together, actually listen to her and engage her in conversation. Show that you genuinely care about her and the things she has to say. You don't have to be a saint, you just have to be someone she thinks is nice to have around.

2. Basic hygiene. I'm serious. Wash your hair. Wear clean underwear. Dress decent, doesn't have to be anything special but putting effort in and wearing a button down sometimes vs a t-shirt can go a tremendously long way. And smell nice. That's one of the biggest secrets. If you smell nice, they notice. You don't even have to have cologne. So long as you shower regularly, if you go to the shop right now and pick out literally any Old Spice scent, you're golden. Just showing that you're willing to put even the baseline of effort in is a lot more than most guys.

That's literally all you have to do. Clean up after yourself, and be an alright dude. You don't even need to be confident, although self confidence is a plus.

5. For my current relationship it just happened with me being myself. I wasn’t acting this way shape or form.

BruceWayne123 and Brain-Police like this.
  6. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

I don't believe women find shallow as an attractive quality.

These are high quality traits that many women find desirable in men. It's most likely that the girls that pursued your friend overlooked his shallowness because they found his other traits extremely attractive.

7. This makes sense. Totally agree

Brain-Police, Roady and KevinesKay like this.
  8. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

"Some people" say that female nature left to its own devices is quite destructive, left completely free, all women would pursue a handful of men, men who aren't necessarily the best in terms of true quality, manhood, bravery, accomplishment, etc.. but instead those whom women deem as high quality. Which is not the same thing as what we men consider to be true high quality.

For example, a gym coach who can't pay his rent, and whose only assets are his work-outs (which is not to bash any gym instructors, I am just illustrating a point), would be considered a very high quality man by women if his class was populated by many females (it might be populated by females simply because it's at that time of day that women or housewives are more likely to go there, makes no difference). He would be looked upon as a leader, and as someone who all the other women are competing to get and they would all leave all other men just to get with him.

On the other hand, an accomplished scientist or engineer would not be seen on the same level of quality if they do not see other women competing for him.

Actually this is why the western world and all over the world as well, relationships and families are falling apart, in arranged marriages, couples were matched differently and every woman had one man, and every man one woman. Now, you have 20-30 women trying to catch just one man, whom they deem as "high quality", the more women you get the more in demand you are.

The best example of this would be Bikram Choudhury, he had some Yoga classes in Beverly Hills, he had access to an UNIMAGINABLE number of young women, with all the variety that any man would dream of. Simply because he was seen as someone in high demand. Not because he was truly a high quality man.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Brain-Police, Roady and KevinesKay like this.
  9. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

That looks like something incels and red-pill bros would say. However...

The "high-quality" you describe in the gym scenario, and the "high-quality" in the case of Bikram Choudhury both seem to signify physical attractiveness and that's quite natural and expected. It's no secret that individuals gravitate towards attractive individuals of the opposite sex (when we talk about heterosexuality of course). The very reason you see, in the first place, these women 'competing' for these guys is because of their physical attractiveness. I can say the same thing for men as well, I don't see how it's a woman-exclusive thing.

@littlecomet I agree with you on what you said. Pick-up artists range from giving men dumb advice, to straight-up promoting misogyny as acceptable.

10. she-dernatinus

I am pretty sure it's about physical attractiveness. It's not that difficult to figure out.

Brain-Police and littlecomet like this.
  11. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

Honestly man, I don't know what to say to you, really it's not physical attractiveness, you must be out of this planet if you think women go for someone like Bikram for "physical attractiveness", women kept following him as he got older and by no stretch of the imagination did he have any looks. Man I don't even know how could you even make that statement, women are different than men. (period). Men go for purely physical attractiveness and can easily marry down, that's a given, women do not!

AND BTW, I am really not up to date with the internet world of incels and what that word means for different people. But from what I've seen used here, it seems just a broad derogatory term for all men. And everyone should refrain from using it.
    For a start no one is really involuntarily celibate, everyone has access to prostitutes, so technically if anyone is not having sex he is voluntarily celibate, not to mention many men refuse to date what they perceive as lower quality women which also makes it voluntary celibacy.

Secondly, the word incel can easily be labeled to any man, if it meant wanting sex and not having it. A married man who didn't have sex for a month can be described as one, and so is one who broke up with his girlfriend last week.

Lastly what is the equivalent term for a woman incel? You might laugh it off, as it is of course known that any woman can just have sex easily, even the lowest rung on the ladder ones, because really it's no accomplishment, any woman can always find a man for sex, that's nature, but it's not easy for her to find one for marriage or long relationship which is what a woman needs to take care of the child and for her psychology, she cannot afford to simply have sex and go away, while a man can basically just spread his seed.

Is there a term for women who waste their youth having multiple sex partners and never settling, basically failures in their biological purpose if you may say? What's the equivalent of an incel word for women?

Roady and KevinesKay like this.
  12. she-dernatinus

I can tell you that Bikram was physically attractive when he was young. As he got older, that wasn't the case anymore. Women can go for purely physical attractiveness, they're only less open about it since it would come with a lot of social stigma.

The reason I used that term is because what you are describing with that paragraph sounds extremely similar to the talking points regurgitated within the manosphere, and as far as incel ideology is concerned, you're argument is simply an incel argument. It's the argument of female hypergamy, I made that remark because I'm quite familiar with this talking point.

In pop culture incel doesn't only describe the state of involuntary celibacy, it goes way beyond that. Incel is someone who is involuntary celibate (usually male) and prescribes to sexist ideals about women and their place in society, thus believes women should be subservient to men.

littlecomet likes this.
  13. she-dernatinus

The reason women don't go much after casual sex is mainly because of their social conditioning, and the association between female promiscuity and a deep sense of shame. You might be surprised to know that, but the reason women act the way they do is less about their biological structure and more about the social alienation that's usually associated with female promiscuous behavior and female sexual expression as a whole.

Have you read about matriarchal cultures ? Where women could have multiple partners if they wanted. The concept of polyandry existed in the past as well. In some matriarchal cultures, women can have more than one partner if they wish for, but more often than not they opt for walking marriages; which are regulated short-term partnerships where there are no strings attached. And even if the sexual encounters result in a pregnancy, it's not deemed as shameful as long as the woman knows the biological father.

You can't say it's just biology bruh, when you haven't really examined the social constraints regulating women's and men's sexual behavior.

littlecomet likes this.
  14. she-dernatinus

There's no term for women who 'waste' their youth having multiple partners without settling in a way that would be equivalent to "incel". But there has been a similar degratory term for women who don't get married and have children regardless whether they had sex in the past or not, it's spinster or left-over woman.

littlecomet likes this.
  15. she-dernatinus

Can you explain to me where you got this info that women were following him as he got older ? If by following him you mean attending his yoga classes then I don't think that automatically counts as women "following" him in the sense you imply. I would understand if that happened while he was young, which is natural of course, but I don't think that's the case as he got older.

There's another theory for that, psychological manipulation. Psychological manipulators usually have a good way projecting a good image of themselves, and communicate with others. They simply know how to appear likable to others. Another reason is that it seems this man knows how to increase the sexual innuendo in his classes by creating a suggestive atmosphere.

16. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

It's biology, you've mentioned about them knowing the father. Can you a trust that a promiscuous woman will ever know the real father or be honest about it? Will any man trust that the child is his?

The only reason casual sex for women is now a thing, is because of birth control and infanticide (abortion), without it, promiscuity won't be a thing in modern societies.

LongWayToGo and KevinesKay like this.
  17. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

The important thing is that everyone is bashing on men and it's not considered wrong, while if anyone does the same for women he is considered a monster. I am not suggesting that we bash women as well but rather that we stop bashing men.

OhWhenThe, LongWayToGo and KevinesKay like this.
  18. she-dernatinus

Being promiscuous doesn't necessarily mean having sex with multiple partners simultaneously. Women did engage in polyandry but still organised their sexual activity in order to know who are the biological fathers, besides making their official partners known to the community.

19. she-dernatinus

Women have always been bashed in the most malicious ways possible, and still are to this day. Because nobody seems to beat an eye when a woman is called a sl*t, or a b*tch for any arbitrary reason, it doesn't even need to be related to her sexual behaviour.

The word incel isn't used to ridicule men who have trouble finding partners but for men who see women as subservient sex objects. It has become synonymous with the ideological standpoint of a misogynist, entitled man, and for good reasons.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  20. she-dernatinus

Well female promiscuity has been a thing in the past before modern contraception methods were introduced. Mainly in societies which whole social structure was built to accommodate it, for example by following matrilineal family systems where the child is always named after the mother and inheritance Is transmitted through the female line. Women were advised to organise their sexual lives to decrease the likelihood of incest, but if some accident happened it wouldn't be deemed as problematic as the child will belong to the mother's family anyways.

I am not denying that contraception facilitated female (and male) promiscuity, I am just adding some nuance it. By showing you that female promiscuity wasn't only constrained by women's biological functions.

Moreover, abortion isn't always infanticide. If we argue that it's the case, then we may just as well call a woman who has an abortion because her life is at risk, or a woman who was raped, a murderer. That's why the notion of viability was introduced. The viability aims to ensure that abortion happens in the early stages where the embryo is still extremely underdeveloped.

It reminds me of another incel/manosphere talking point, the problematization of the means that gave women more autonomy and control over their reproductive function. Their whole stance on birth control and abortion stems mainly from the desire to control women and leave them with as little options as possible.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023