1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beloved God:

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Of course. Thanks for asking. This time I have been praying for God to teach me the gifts he has placed in me. I've been thinking for years that I have the gift of teaching. This weekend I am working on a presentation about salvation (repentance, forgiveness, etc.) since in my church some have doubts about this issue. I am asking God to allow me to carry out the teaching ministry, as long as it obeys its purpose in my life. Basically I meant that.

Do you already know the gifts you have?

2. The gifts God has given to the church are us! We are gifts to one another. (Ephesians 4:11 - "Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.") Each of us, through the Spirit, has access to all we need to strengthen and build up other disciples.

If you believe you have some ability to teach and have opportunity to do so, as provided by the Spirit, then by all means, do it! (Romans 12:6ff) But be aware of the greater responsibility placed on teachers.

https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/how-are-teachers-judged-more-strictly

I am so glad to hear about your following the Spirit of Jesus wherever he is leading! He will truly guide you into all truth. may you be blessed as you are a blessing to others.

newtry likes this.
  3. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

To be honest, I used to teach before, but difficulties arose along the way, so I chose to stop teaching. I suffered because of this. Then I understood that all this happened not to show me that I do not serve as a teacher, but that the task will be full of adversities. For months I want to teach again, and between you and me, what stopped me was not the memory of the problems I had, but the PM. How can I teach if I have not learned to live in holiness? I prayed for a long time asking God for help. Once he put a friend from the church on my way to help me. My streak was 480 days, but then I relapsed, and I lost my streak and my friend. I asked God again for a second chance, to show me the output of 1 Corinthians 10:13, and Nofap was the answer. As for my credentials, I have been a Theology student for 7 years, and I have a doctorate (but not in theology). The audio you sent me was very useful. Thanks for the interest Tao. God bless you.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

5. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I expect a change at work, and I know that you will soon make it possible. Meanwhile, you will put words of wisdom in my mouth, as your Word says. Thank you for this new ministry that began to unfold before me. It won't be easy, but I'm willing to give my all to make it work.

6. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today, in the Church, I announced my new ministry (the classes I am preparing) so that they may be praying. Because I am free of PM 44 days ago, I feel safer and more confident in God than ever. Thank God for encouraging me in this new path that I undertake. I know that being clean and walking in holiness is indispensable, so thank you for this opportunity to be in Nofap, which has helped me to resist temptation for 44 days, and counting.

YYY and Tao Jones like this.
  7. Please keep us posted on how this goes. Please stay connected to accountability in community. I destroyed a ministry once in my pride and stubbornness in PMO. I learned the hard way you cannot lead others to Christ while you yourself are rebelling against him. I would hate to see the same happen to another. God disciplines those he loves, but it sure does sting sometimes!

God bless you as you are a blessing to others!

8. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Thanks Tao. If it is of interest, I will be commenting on how I will move forward with this ministry that I am beginning. It is a shame what you have said, about that ministry that you had to leave, but I am sure that God continues to use you in other ways.

YYY likes this.
  9. He must increase, but I must decrease.

YYY and newtry like this.
  10. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Finally, today I gave the Bible class that I have been preparing for days. It came out excellent. This may be the beginning of something wonderful. I am very excited about this ministry. Things went as expected, which is almost a miracle. Now I must pray for the ministry to grow, and new people can approach.

11. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today began my ten-day vacation. I took the opportunity to continue preparing my classes (condemnation, justification, sanctification, continuation, transformation. Basically using Romans). I went to my afternoon class. I think my teacher doesn't like me very much for being a Christian. I didn't want to eat the candy because I don´t celebrate Halloween. On October 31 I celebrated something more important: the Protestant Reformation. Today 502 years ago Luther nailed his 95 Theses at the door of a German Church.
    [​IMG]
    I keep praying, my Lord, to achieve a change of work, or a change in work.

YYY likes this.
  12. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today I went to theology class and performed very well. In the afternoon I went to the Church and gave my second Bible class (Condemnation, Justification, Propitiation), and for worship I chose the song "This Is Amazing Grace" by Phil Wickham
    It came out excellent.

YYY likes this.
  13. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today I had to deal with a new enemy bite. I knew this was going to happen, so it didn't take me by surprise ... and I know that the attack won't stop there. It happened like this: I was stroking the neighbor's dog, a beautiful Golden, that reminded me of the lion of my dreams (it was no accident ... God prepared the scene), and I even mentioned it to the lady who was with me at that time. This lady attended my Bible class last Tuesday. Until that moment, all my assistants have given very positive reviews, but this lady told me that she "expected something else". It was the disappointment in her voice that hurt the most. I know that the level I am preparing is high, and not everyone has the necessary training. I am teaching Theology, and not Christian self-help. I spend hours and hours of Bible study preparing the classes (I count 13 books around me at the moment, 3 of them Bibles, for permanent consultation), and I want the best possible understanding. Justification, Propitiation, Regeneration, etc. These are complex issues, but I try to make it understandable, and until then I thought I was doing it. Instead of getting bitter, I will try twice as hard, and this Tuesday I will do better than the previous two times, God willing.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    YYY and Kyrie eleison! like this.
  14. How is lust connected with this disappointment? I wasn't clear on that from your post.

YYY and newtry like this.
  15. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Haha ... that was a mistake, thanks for noticing. I already corrected it. My first language is Spanish, so I must use the Google Translator ... however I am an English student, so I usually check long before publishing.
    In addition, lions are not usually a symbol of lust, but of pride. That is important to me now: be careful with pride, now that I am starting a new ministry. Therefore, the coup received yesterday (being told that they expected something else) was useful.

YYY, Kyrie eleison! and Tao Jones like this.
  16. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today I taught about regeneration, adoption and union with Christ. 11 students attended (it was my largest class so far, the Lady of the lion-dog was also present :)).

YYY and Kyrie eleison! like this.
  17. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

It's the only way. Remove the tares that are in us, and plant virtues. Now I not only enjoy mental health, but I am carrying out a Ministry that makes me feel full.

18. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I´m celebrating my day 70 without PM! :) :emoji_tada:

19. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today is a tough day... exam, my class and a work emergency... I trust in you, my Lord... I know you will fix it like you always do

YYY, Kingfisher and Tao Jones like this.
  20. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Thank you very much, dear God. Today I celebrate 100 days of spiritual cleansing, which I offer you with humility and love, recognizing in Jesus the Savior, Sovereign and absolute Lord of my life.

The experience of the Bible classes in my Church has been a huge blessing. There were eight classes, which allowed me to teach the basic points of theology. Now, I continue to pray to resume next year, with Christology.

Thanks also because things in my work are improving. Let me continue to be a blessing, and give me the opportunity to evangelize there too.

I ask for my family. For the salvation of their souls. And for my brother, who is worse than his mental problems.

YYY and seraphim64 like this.