1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beloved God:

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Lord: help me to endure the strong temptation that I have right now. I will be disconnected from my devices for a while, since I can relapse. Sunday night, after the Church, I return.

Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  2. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Siii :) Recuperé mi hilo!!!

Bueno... voy a retomarlo pero lo haré en mi lengua, el español, ya que escribir en inglés es desgastante (debo escribir en traductor de Google, luego copiar y pegar aquí, luego leer y corregir la ortografía... Ufff...)

Estoy haciendo cuarentena estricta, ya que tuve contacto con un covid postivo el martes de la semana pasada. Estoy sin síntomas pero no he podido coordinar aún el hisopado.

Lo único bueno de estar así es que me he acercado más a Dios. Recuerdo que a causa del encierro por la pandemia, en marzo de 2020, caí desde una racha de 6 meses sin PM... no me quiero acordar porque me amargo.

Pero bueno... ahora estoy más cercano a Dios, eso es lo que importa. Tengo muchos proyectos para este 2021. Espero poder desarrollar mi don (la enseñanza). También estoy ayudando con los cultos virtuales de mi iglesia, lo cual es genial.

New

YYY, Angel of Verdun and Myfortress like this.
  3. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Realmente debería hacer ayuno de mi celular. Cada vez estoy más pendiente. Me preocupa toda la información que este aparato maléfico almacena sobre mí.

New

YYY and Myfortress like this.
  4. ¡Dar una buena acogida!

newtry, YYY and Myfortress like this.
  5. YYY

YYY Fapstronaut

Buen Journal, sí que estuvo interesante la lectura.
    Te felicito bro, me gustaría seguir leyendo más sobre ti.
    Feliz semana y que Dios permanezca en tu vida.

newtry likes this.
  6. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias. Si me lees ahora, verás que soy un lamento tras otro, ya que la batalla se me ha hecho muy dura. Tuve una racha de 6 meses y luego de eso recaí, y no me he podido levantar. Siempre lo describo así: algo se rompió en mi interior. Ese "algo" está vinculado con la fuerza de voluntad. Si eres latino como yo, sabrás lo pasionales que somos. O fríos o calientes. No andamos con tibiezas. Pues bien, mi tibieza actual me desespera. Un abrazo!

YYY likes this.
  7. Welcome back. The more control you have over sin, the more he will be able to develop your talents and gifts and use them to the fullest.

geester, YYY and newtry like this.
  8. YYY

YYY Fapstronaut

¿Alguna vez leíste o escuchaste sobre el sesgo psicologico llamado "aversión a la pérdida"? Es increíble ver que muchas personas del nofap dependen de ese contador (siendo afectados por psicologia, es decir, incluso en intentar dejar la PMO no se dan cuenta que está el daño mental de la PMO) he incluso les duele reiniciarlo pero nosotros como cristianos no podemos ver de ese modo, el contador solo es un medio, no el fin, porque Jesús es ese fin al que debemos buscar. Así que creo que no busques tener un numero de dos o tres cifras en ese contador, deja de prestarle atención o úsalo diferente...Como una herramienta, una extensión para alcanzar la unión.
    Por ejemplo, verlo no como la cantidad de días limpio de PM sino como el tiempo que llevas con Jesús y el padre con oración (y por supuesto, en no caer en inmoralidad), y cuando falles un día en oración (o que no estuviste concentrado en salir de la inmoralidad sexual o algo similar) entonces, reinicia el contador...No pasa nada.
    Asimilamos más fácil aceptar que tuvimos un día sin orar o algo parecido que haber caído en PM.
    Luego intenta estudiar el porqué o cómo fue que fallaste...Y sigue adelante. Pues esto es más o menos como yo lo he venido tratando y la verdad ya no me "ofende" caer en PM por la actividad en sí. Si no por falta de tiempo con Dios y/o su enseñanza.
    PD: Perdón por tanto texto :v

Tao Jones, newtry and Myfortress like this.
  9. That’s an interesting technique. It focuses on not missing a positive. I like that.

newtry and YYY like this.
  10. I agree that the counter is a limited tool. It does not tell the entire story of our recovery journey -- not by a long shot! In fact, I think it is *least* helpful in the first 100 days and highly recommend using a "PMO calendar" in that period to better reflect patterns, trends, and real progress. But, after 100 days, the counter can be a good reminder to self and others that we take this journey and commit to this new lifestyle of no PMO one day at a time.

Kemar935 and YYY like this.
  11. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Bueno, te doy gracias Dios, ya que estoy pudiendo resolver el problema que me aqueja desde hace tiempo. Gracias por responder con la velocidad con que lo has hecho. Se viene un tiempo de esperanza. Solo espero que mi amigo se recupere totalmente de su lesión. Esa sería la otra mitad de la cuestión. No confío en hombres sino solo en tí. Gracias de nuevo. Amen.

Myfortress likes this.
  12. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Dear God, thank you for answering my prayer and finding a place where I can go. I ask you for the recovery of my friend, and for that change in the job that I need. Also for the work projects this year, and for my teaching studies. I ask you for my spiritual life, so that this 2021 is a year of growth. I love you jesus. I want to know you more. Amen.

Myfortress, Tao Jones and Kemar935 like this.
  13. Good prayer

newtry likes this.
  14. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

If everything comes down to love
    Then just what am I afraid of
    When I call out your name
    Something inside awakes in my soul
    How quickly I forget I'm yours
    I'm not my own
    I've been carried by you
    All my life
    Everything rides on hope now
    Everything rides on faith somehow
    When the world has broken me down
    This love sets me free
    When my life is like a storm
    Rising waters all I want is the shore
    You say I'll be ok
    And make it through the rain
    You are my shelter from the storm
    This love sets me free
    I'm not my own
    I've been carried by you
    All my life
    Your love sets me free
    Your love sets me free
    You have become my heart's desire
    I will sing your praises higher
    'Cause your love sets me free
    Your love sets me free
    Your love sets me free​

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Myfortress likes this.
  15. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

12 Days :) Thank you God

Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  16. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

500+ days!! Excellent!!

Myfortress likes this.
  17. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Thank you God because these days I am calmer. I ask you for the job change I need to take place, that my dog improves, that I can move without problems. I'm a little tired. Give me strength to bear the urges!

Myfortress likes this.
  18. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Today in the afternoon I will go to see the house where I will move. Thank you God for the prompt reply. I feel a lot of hope, and independence seems to be around the corner

Kemar935 and Myfortress like this.
  19. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Yesterday I was in my future home. It's an old apartment at the back of the church, very spacious for a single person with a dog, but we'll be fine. There's a bricked up door and I'll have to buy some appliances. I already told the dog next door that he will soon have a friend, so he must be good to him. My parents already know, and they agree that I take the dog (I thought they were not going to let me take him, after 10 years of living with them, but thank God they accepted it).

Kemar935, Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  20. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

17/90 days clean, no urges yet. I know they will come.

Last time I fell from a height of +190 days. That time of almost 6 months I dedicated to preparing myself for the Great Battle against urges. I defended myself against all kinds of temptations: my devices, YouTube, Netflix, the gym, even in my dreams (the battle I fought while asleep was very curious ... and it was real) but the temptation, that horrendous day in March of 2020, it put on a costume that after almost a year of defeat I have discovered: the novelty.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Tao Jones, Kemar935 and Myfortress like this.