1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmark

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Genesis 37: 3
    "Israel [Jacob] loved Joseph more than all his children..."

Genesis 39: 2-3
    And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
    And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand.

The story of Joseph began in a pit where his brothers initially left him to die. Even though jealousy led their actions, God's favor in Joseph was enough to direct his brothers from murder.

As Joseph's life continues, the love from God continues and those around Joseph become witnesses of God.

I'm sharing this immediately after attending service because some of us intend to change our lives to inspire favor from others.

But there's a higher cause that pushes us to improve ourselves.

I believe when an individual makes an honest effort with good intentions that the Lord will use that individual as a model of behavior for others. Surely, some jealousy will arise, but at least the intention is good rather than empty or vain.

Let's defeat our addictions one by one with a pure heart. Not with pride, but with high hopes because the ride will have some falls. But at least those who truly witness our struggles will know that their jealousy is unnecessary.

Let's persist to better ourselves despite negative remarks from others. Not with the aim to impress nor to prove them wrong, but to demonstrate what's truly pure and affectionate.

This is all a paraphrase of the word shared with me during Sunday Service.