1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits that Come with Deepening Your Voice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PotentLife, Oct 20, 2015.

1. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Hey, fellows, I've noticed a few people talking about their voices getting deeper as a result of Nofap. I've certainly struggled with mine, especially being a singer-songwriter.

Also, I've felt pretty emasculated with my voice getting up into my throat sometimes and sounding weak, high and anxious. This part is key - that anxiety held in the vocal tract all the way down to the diaphragm may be something many of us have in common if we find our voices too high for our liking. The nice things about addressing this is that, by releasing that trapped tension, much of the other anxiety in our body goes away. Less anxiety means being, happier, more comfortable, being less prone to Fapping or other compulsive behavior. Our postures naturally tend to accommodate this and grow noticeably straighter and more capable. We're more likely to socialize and to tackle new challenges with confidence. Check out this quick tip by Morgan Freeman (0:22 - 0:44) and consider how it relates to what I'm saying.

This quintessentially simple tip he offers directly addresses anxiety in that area. Try what he suggests doing. You do it every morning and at night, anyway, most likely.

I can imagine getting a voice so relaxed and resonant that every time I speak it massages the rest of my body, allowing me to exude a sonic aura of welcomeness and calm. My voice becomes a mansion estate which all beings are invited to enter. It becomes the hypnotic lull of a didgeridoo played in the mysterious wilds of the Outback.

Just as the bass notes blasting from somebody's stereo have the charisma to employ the surrounding walls and floors to tremble for their cause, so too can you tune your inner walls to a charismatic vibration.

Here, voice coach Caroline Goyder lists some techniques that seemed to work for me when I tried them two nights ago. I heard brief, naturally deep sounds that I imagine will become more consistent as I practice.

Also, there's something to be said, on the topic of self-confidence, of being comfortable in your own space, taking up your own space and generating a sense of space for the right people to inhabit. A huge part of this can happen in the big space you open and speak from while relaxing and engaging your diaphragm. It's those bigger hollows of wind instruments that make the lower sounds.

To recap the major points from what I've learned so far:

1. Practice relaxing the area through yawning.
    2. Practice putting your hand on your diaphragm (right under the center of your ribcage), and hum "Mmmmmm..." so that your lips vibrate.
    3. Tap your diaphragm while singing "maaawwwhhhhhhh."
    4. Transition from merely making the deep sounds that come out of you during these exercise to speaking from those sounds.

So now that I'm beginning to make a case for it intellectually, it's time to start making it happen, growing confident in the many good things that can come of it. Some questions:

1. What do you guys think?

2. Is there a thread on this already you can link here?

3. Have any of you had success in this area? What has worked for you?

4. Would any of you like to keep in contact with me and chart our progress together?

buzzlightyear likes this.
  2. david-ca

david-ca Fapstronaut

I still don't know why my voice and other fapstronauts' voices get deeper after a week or so of no pmo.It really amazes me because i don't see any reason at all to why it happens!

PotentLife likes this.
  3. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

You're lucky, man! I've gone 40 days without any changes. I guess I have to work at it, haha. Thanks for the reply.

4. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Bookmarked, I will try these out, I have a particular annoyance with anxiety and held breath.

PotentLife likes this.
  5. pedro0795

pedro0795 Fapstronaut

Hey guys! I'm on my 30th day and i noticed deeper voice yesterday. Feel happy because i'm noticing changes although deeper voice is not a big deal to me as long as i'm not a singer.

PotentLife likes this.