1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Present You Got This Year

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 26, 2018.

1. For me, I would say probably my scribd subscription. My mother in law paid for a year of Scribd for me, which is an app that is basically like Netflix for books. They have ebooks and audio books, and I've been dying to renew my subscription so I could listen to some audio books at work.

Today, I started listening to the next book in the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. So excited!

What cool gifties did you guys get/give this year?

2. For giving, there were two things I was excited about this year.

My husband is hard to shop for, and hes been wanting a new computer for years, but we can never afford it. But earlier this year, I started stashing away a little bit of money each month, and I was able to give him enough for him to get his new computer :)

And for my dad, I bought him a new Ted Dekker book, and I read it before I gave it to him. I also gave him a gift card to a coffee shop, so after he reads it, we can go out for coffee and talk about it. :) I'm excited about that, because we dont usually read the same kind of stuff, do we havent really bonded over a book before.

3. Ah Dexter was a cool tv series till 6th season then they dragged it till 8th.. Haven't read the books though.. Hope you'll enjoy them..

Well I'm glad you got your wish for Scribd subscription fulfilled & it was nice of you to gift those wonderful gifts to your husband & Dad.. Cheers! :)

4. I really like the Dexter novels. And the show was great too :) I only have three books left in the series to read. I prefer the show, but the books are good too.

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

My family got maybe 10 kilograms of pork meat for the holidays. I helped my aunt to cook some of it and its delicious taste will forever stay in my mind. For how terrible this year has been for me, being able to celebrate the holidays without problems has been the best gift.

6. Im gonna have to say...the complete series of the Elementary tv show from my Mom and Dad. Thats a good show and its not on netflix, so now i can do some binge watching :)

7. I got a bunch of crap I didn't need. My mom ordered a brisket from one of my favorite restaurants and that was the highlight of my holiday. I am now 15lbs heavier than I was before Christmas.

brilliantidiot and LEPAGE like this.
  8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

How lucky, I am very underweight and wouldn't mind eating a brisket, whatever that is, I hope you enjoyed it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Been a really long time since I got any Christmas present Haha. I just make one myself if needed, IF needed..
    I'm just grateful for the little I have!

10. The Mercy and Grace of God.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  11. [​IMG]

LEPAGE and AEC Josh2415 like this.
  12. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

13. UK Lad

UK Lad Fapstronaut

270 days of nofap.
    Couldn’t ask for anything else.

14. Well done man :)

LEPAGE likes this.
  15. UK Lad

UK Lad Fapstronaut

Thank you.
    How are you doing so far?

16. One of my parents were in the hospital for a month or so, and was projected to stay in the hospital for at least another couple weeks. But the doctors released them the day after Christmas, so that in sense was an xmas gift. I know... pretty lame lol so it's not a gift gift, but at least I have them back home

But my aunt heard I didn't get anything and she's sending me 300$ which is dope. I'm either gonna spend it on: clothes, ps4, recording equipment, or weed lol I just haven't decided which one

17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

That is not lame, that is really good.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  18. Not lame at all! That's really great news!

19. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

My Grandson who is 11 gave me movie passes and a short list of movies he wants for us to see together. He’s done that for several years and we saw the LEGO movie, the LEGO Batman movie and a Star Wars movie.

Two years ago I took him to his first college football game. When we met his parents later he gave me the biggest hug and said “we need to spend more time together real soon Grandpa!”

Is It any wonder I choose Grandpa as my username?