1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of small traps || NoFap-Tips 2-1

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Stichting, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Stichting

Stichting Fapstronaut

See if there are specific activities or places where you locate yourself, that often or almost always occur prior to a relapse. It doesn't have to be watching images, but also something you wouldn't expect to be a cause, like the example of laying in bed during the day from 2 weeks ago.

This is such a strong pitfall because you are inclined to think that this time is different and that it really won't escalate this time. But that's because you're not in that situation yet where it is very difficult to get out of the very different state of mind. At that moment because your thoughts are numbed, you think it isn't such a problem to continue only this time.

That's why that cycle will always continue unless you stop testing if you can handle the situation this time, because it almost always isn't the case.

Another kind of pitfall mostly overlooked are thinking of, or interactions with women for any satisfying goal. If you really want to continue a pure semen retention path, these should be avoided as well. All the thoughts about, conversations with, and touching of women with the intent of you getting gratification or her attention to make it feel like she wants you, do count as those pitfalls.

Those things make you feel very good because of all the dopamine release that goes along with it. That makes your brain more used again to have those sensations. It is therefore very difficult to not rethink about those moments afterwards and stop the dopamine loop.

The longer you continue with it, the more difficult it is to not break it with a release.

2. jackhammer70

jackhammer70 Fapstronaut

Hi,

I can attest on "thinking of, or interactions with women for any satisfying goal" bit. I have started using Tinder and the rush of dopamine I get when texting very high. Thoughts of what can happen next makes me want to relapse, but somehow I managed not to. Need to avoid these all together.

Regards,
    JH70.