1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bible Study = Power

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

4 months ago I tore my shoulder. For 1 month I ignored it. Now for 2 months, I have done rehab every day. Today, I finally read the instructions. I did a Google search asking: Should I do rehab every day? The experts all agree. Do it every other day for the best results.

I started this article one week ago. Now that I have changed my rehab to every other day, and am following the instructions, my arm has healed more this week than it had in the previous month.

Consider learning from my mistakes. Read the instructions first... then do life.

Second, some Christians read a chapter of the New Testament every day (everyone should do that), others add a chapter in the Old Testament, others add meditating on key verses, others add memorizing key verses, and others do a Google search on key subjects and study those verses.

Using Google

Today I am doing Google searches on verses about healing, and love. I am going to study each of these topics. Why? Because these are topics I want to get stronger in today.

Consider searching topics like verses about love, purpose, lust, righteousness, wisdom, praise, and Jesus. I often use the open Bible lists. Or search about an emotion that you need help with.

When we have an anger problem and search for verses on anger we unleash power. Every time we study, meditate, and think about those verses, the Holy Spirit fills us (Always repent of past sin before you start). Whichever topic you pick, the Holy Spirit starts to fill you when you study that topic. So, consider printing them out, praying over them, meditating on them, and memorizing them.

The girl who cut my hair said: “I wish there were instructions for life.” There are, and when we know the instructions, we start to find success, purpose, and joy.

Finally, all of these topics that we search help with lust. When we study other Bible topics, the Spirit starts to increase in us. The more the Spirit fills us, the more we conquer lust.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

My cold has been lingering for almost a month. Finally, today I finally read my printout of "Verses about healing." I tell people all the time to find the Bible verses they need to learn how to start to solve the problems they have. Then I forget to do it myself. Tomorrow I will read the printout again. If I have any brains at all I will read it every day until I am healthy again.
    Many people are just like me. We know how much power is in pounding certain scriptures into us. But... we spend a lot of time in prayer, we read a Bible chapter or two, and sometimes skip studying specific verses that we need that day.
    Maybe I should spend part of that time in prayer, praying about which scriptures I need to read every day. Then maybe I should study those scriptures until they come alive for me.
    If I do that, maybe I can tell everyone in the future about the power of scripture.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Perhaps the power, that is God's grace, comes from fervent prayer that can be inspired by scripture study? St. Peter Julian Eymard suggests, “Be natural in your meditation. Use up your own stock of piety and love before resorting to books. Remember that our good Master prefers the poverty of our heart to the most sublime thoughts borrowed from others. You can be sure that our Lord wants our heart and not that of someone else.”

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Bible study increases the Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit increases our power to fight habits. Have daily Bible study. Read the instructions for life. The more specific the better. They will lead you to a better life.

Tao Jones likes this.