Bible verse you like and what it means to you.

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. Matthew 25:1-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
    The Parable of the Ten Virgins
    25 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lampsa]">[a] and went to meet the bridegroom.b]">[b] 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.

The 10 virgins in this story are all belivers they all are virgins and they all have lamps. This parable indicates that not all believers will gain access to the wedding feast. How do you know your saved? Show fruit and repent of your sin Brothers

2. Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Another one of the most widely quoted verses in the Bible found on everything from refrigerator magnets, to facebook cover photos, is this verse from Philippians. This line is often said and believed to mean that through Jesus Christ we can overcome all circumstances and succeed in all things. It is a verse that is often oversimplified to mean to be confident, live boldly, and to believe in yourself. But what the Apostle Paul is really saying here is that through the strengthening of Christ we can succeed in all hardships, even death. The context here is so important. When Paul wrote this letter, he was finally making it to his desired destination of Rome, but only after imprisonment, being shipwrecked and chained to a Roman soldier. He was even facing potential execution. It was a great possibility that he would no longer be in this world. When we read the beyond the one line, we can better understand this verse: “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Through Christ, Paul was able to press forward, even in the face of death. We know from this that we can find support in Christ to battle all adversity, even in the face of death.

Read more at https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/ch...erstood-bible-verses.aspx#OL3593Ll0tqXLIIh.99

Deleted Account and vxlccm like this.
  3. Luke 11:19: Ask and it will be given to you.
    This verse from Luke is often interpreted to mean that whatever you ask God for, He will give it to you. That’s what the line says, right? And as tempting as it is to buy into this verse meaning that whatever we ask for from God – money, wealth, a better job, and amazing love life – this verse is really about Kingdomship. In looking at the full context, or the what’s happening, Jesus is defending Mary over her sister Martha for choosing what’s most important – discipleship. When Jesus is asked by his followers how to pray, he tells them to ask for things like the forgiveness of sins, daily bread and the building up of His kingdom. “Ask and it will be given to you,” speaks to these things. It’s not “ask for everything you want and receive it.” It’s about asking for His kingdom. Do this, and it will be given to you.

Read more at https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/ch...erstood-bible-verses.aspx#OL3593Ll0tqXLIIh.99

Deleted Account, vxlccm and Eleanor like this.
  4. Ephesians 1:4-5 ESV / 316
    Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Deleted Account and vxlccm like this.
  5. RPN

RPN Fapstronaut

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 118:1 (NAS).

One night a few years back, I read some passage in the Bible mentioning that I should think pure/good/kind thoughts. This led me to conclude that following this advice would help me stop thinking about nasty sexual fantasies, especially trying to fall asleep. So that very night, I picked a random verse in the Bible & repeated it over & over & over in my head until I fell asleep, in order to develop pure/good/kind thoughts & to stop sexual fantasies. I woke up with it memorized. That verse was Psalm 118:1.

6. Wow thats great! thanks for the post!

vxlccm and RPN like this.
  7. Wow that's a good strategy! Thanks for sharing!

8. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 15:55-56 "'Death is swallowed up in victory." O death, where is your victory? O death where is your sting?'"

9. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

This verse was the only thing that kept me from trying to kill myself in some of my darker days. That verse means no matter how hopeless it seems, God can make something good come from it.

All things means all things. Nothing is beyond His power.

10. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

The devil, the tempter, the liar, will see his day. Let us have less fear of evil and more respect for God and hope for the better afterlife promised to us.

p.s. @letter That was powerful, man. Sorry you've been in those difficult circumstances. I've found similar strength in similar dark times from such verses. Glad you've experienced that light in your life, despite the trials.

Deleted Account and letter like this.
  11. DuvetDave

DuvetDave Fapstronaut

James 4:8
    Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands you sinners, and purify your heart's you indecisive ones.

An invitation and a promise. Drawing close to God by trying to keep our hands clean of things that he disapproves of and serving with a complete heart, means that he will draw closer to us in the capacity of a friend. Showing that God is not a cold and impersonal force, but a caring father seeking our best interest

12. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Romans 3: 10-20
    its are real pride breaking passage that reminds me of Christ's necessity.

13. James 1:22-24
    "22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like."

For some years I read the Bible, not actually applying it to my life. I misunderstood what it meant to have faith in God. James 1:22-24 helped me realize I was being a Christian in name only.

One Eyed Owl and vxlccm like this.