1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BIBLICAL CHALLENGE

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

**Biblical Challenge**

[​IMG]

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV

Here you can share a biblical verse, and explain why it is important for you. Remember to identify the book, chapter number and verse, and version of the Bible used.

This challenge is intended to help achieve the goal that every Christian pursues: to be like Jesus Christ. We must live in holiness for God, separated daily from the world, and consecrated to Him. To perfect ourselves, the Lord revealed His Word to us through the Bible. Just remember:

"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word" Psalm 119:9 KJV

[​IMG]

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do" Hebrews 4:12-13 KJV

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 KJV.

It is a reality, whether we like it or not, that the condition of man when he comes into the world is condemnation, that is, spiritual death. Although we do not feel condemned, and although we see the innocence in the face of newborn children, unfortunately, from Adam to the present day, we are born destitute of life. Every day that passes we die a little more.

Henryforward likes this.
  3. seraphim64

seraphim64 Fapstronaut

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind.” II Timothy 1:7

God empowers us to overcome our habitual sins we must not fear the battle or the enemy for greater is He who is in us then he that is in the world.
    A sound mind comes from what you feed it.
    Feed it the Word of God and guard what goes before your eyes and know that our Savior is a loving and merciful Savior.

Henryforward, newtry and Tao Jones like this.
  4. seraphim64

seraphim64 Fapstronaut

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
    ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Henryforward and newtry like this.
  5. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned" Romans 5:12 NIV

When Adam sinned, death came immediately, but as far as the body was concerned, his complete separation from the soul required more than 900 years. But the soul died immediately, instantly; the tie that guided her with the Holy Spirit was cut. But God did not curse them, as he did with the serpent, but immediately promised the coming of a Redeemer (Genesis 3:15)

6. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Beautiful promise of the Lord. In these accelerated times, governed by the law of the strongest, we can be sure that the Lord will not let us succumb. Although we are in a hospital bed, or deeply ill, or overwhelmed by problems, His promise is that, in the end, we will take flight.

7. seraphim64

seraphim64 Fapstronaut

Do not be deceived evil company corrupts good habits I Cor 15:33 NKJV

We must be careful who we spend time with and what we spend time with. Develop good habits. Pray and ask the Lord to help you be aware of your trigger points make a decision to walk with Lord and stay away from “evil company”

newtry likes this.
  8. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

"For God has not given us a timidity, but of power and love and discipline" 2 Timothy 1:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This passage reminds me that God has given us the spiritual weapons to face the lurking sin, to defeat PM in our lives. Power, not from us, but directly from God, by the Holy Spirit. Love, the most powerful force, by which we move, and are released into the world to fulfill our purpose in life. Love so that this feeling occupies the place that sin leaves when leaving us. Discipline, through which we exercise holiness daily, without which no one will see God.

9. Ramayan

Ramayan Fapstronaut

"The LORD marches out like a warrior; he stirs up his rage like a man of war; he makes his anger heard; he shouts aloud; he declares his mastery over his enemies." Isaiah 42:13 ISV

One of many quotes that shows us the wrathful power that God is capable of. It shows the other side of the same coin; Peace and War/Love and Anger/Nurture and Assertiveness/Courage and Dread. We often tend to neglect this side of God, that institutes power and ORDER. We shall fear His wrath, but stand up for ourselves in this world, guard our faith and conquer thy fears, evil deeds and those who attempt to poison our people, spirit or body. We must not wait like sheeps for the wolves to come knocking at our door; we must be vigilent and pragmatic; disciplined and prepared; humble and assertive. The flame of God can heal or it can burn.

newtry likes this.
  10. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Especially in our fight against the PM, it requires from us the greatest discipline and the greatest vigilance, because as 1 Corinthians 10:12 says: "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall" (NASB).

This is a tireless struggle, day by day, moment by moment. Will we beat PM definitely someday? Or will he always be on the prowl, like a roaring lion looking for who to devour, the rest of our life?

11. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" Mateo 6:26 (NASB)

We are so valuable to God that our human mind is incapable of understanding how much. The birds of the sky, the lilies of the field, all nature is provided by God. So we. We must seek the Lord first, then the rest will come. A job? friendships? A love, maybe? God will provide. Let's stand firm on his paths, away from the PM and its lies. God will reward.

Tao Jones likes this.
  12. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Isaiah 42:16 New International Version (NIV): "And I will lead the blind by way they did not know, I will make them walk along paths they had not known; In front of them I will change darkness into light, and the rugged in plain. These things will I do, and not forsake them".

Today I feel infinitely dissatisfied. I also have some Shakespeare in me, I am a traveling drama. I hold on to that promise from God. I need to develop my purpose in this life. Stop following the songs of the world, which only lead me to sadness. Even the Christians feel empty from time to time, but as I said in my journal a while ago, I think the world needs Christians not so politically correct, but more sincere with their battles. I preach of the love of God without much success, what would happen if I preach more about the pain that comes from denying oneself?

And although now I feel blind, God will bring light to my life, as he always does. Light and plain, beautiful promise. A clear path before me, full of blessings ... but it is necessary that the test come, I know very well, I am not a newborn and capricious Christian. It doesn't matter if there isn't a place in the world for me (I've been learning to endure it for 36 years), what I really want is not to feel so incomplete.

God speaks of an unknown path ... I want to know soon what it is.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  13. Are you comfortable sharing more about what's going on? Your post is a bit vague on details. The reference to "crystals" sounds intriguing. You talk about a lack of success in preaching -- that's an interesting topic, too.

We have had the Way revealed to us. I think you know it. The mystery is that it is not a thing, but a Person! And it is in Him that we are complete.

Let's discuss further!

vxlccm and newtry like this.
  14. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Hi Tao, thanks for your reply. I didn't mean "crystals," but "Christians." I already corrected it, sorry for that. I will update what happens in subsequent posts.

I did not speak exactly of lack of success in preaching, personally, although I referred to myself. Poetry has those twists. In the end, what I tried to say is that it is usually preached of the goodness of faith, and people are less and less going to the Church. Maybe we should change the speech, and maybe it is already being done.

Tao Jones likes this.
  15. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Colossians 2:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority"

I am much better. Sometimes, when the tornado comes to shake us, it is enough to remain in the shelter, which is the Word of God, until the storm passes. We Christians strengthen ourselves with trials, and we must boast in them, as Paul did.

This promise of Colossians is a spiritual truth that we should not forget. Christ is fullness, and we, being of Christ, are full in Him, even if emotions tell us otherwise. We are emotional, while we are human beings, but more than that, we are sons of God, and therefore we can be above our heart, and its desires.

Christ is superior to everything or others, therefore, the victory is ours, beforehand. It is true that it costs (and much) but let's be faithful to the Word of God, and the reward will be eternal.

Tao Jones likes this.
  16. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Great is the Lord , and greatly to be praised In the city of our God, His holy mountain.
    Psalms 48:1 NASB2020

Unlike the Jewish people in David's time, we have the Holy Spirit in us. His holy mountain is us: our body, our soul, our spirit. We.

We must preserve ourselves pure for God, and that can only be achieved by living in holiness. From the passive point of view: let's avoid sin. From the active point of view: let us praise the Lord with all our being.

Tao Jones likes this.
  17. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
    He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
    And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm​

Psalm 40:1-2New American Standard Bible 1995

Today I did my devotional (on paper) with those verses. They give me peace as these are difficult times, but I have great faith that the Lord will bring me out of the pit, raise me up from this bad place and put me on high, in a safe place.

Tao Jones likes this.
  18. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
    James 5:11- New American Standard Bible 1995

This morning I woke up before the time, and read this passage. I felt pretty bad about this time of trial that I am living. Compared to Job, my problem is nothing, so I clung to the promise "have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings", as things turned out well for the servant of God. I know that God is merciful, but it is difficult not to be distressed. All of this is very stressful. Today I fasted until night, and I think tomorrow I will do the same. Much fasting and prayer, as the book of Esther says.

Tao Jones likes this.
  19. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
    Romans 8:38-39 - New Living Translation

Tao Jones and Lampshade18 like this.
  20. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears
    Psalm 39:12 King James Version

So be it, Lord. May joy and peace return to my heart soon, and may I be approved of the difficulty that now afflicts me. I love you Jesus.

Vir and Lampshade18 like this.