1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bit of dating advice

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by tomandjerry, Oct 8, 2017.

1. tomandjerry

tomandjerry Fapstronaut

Ok something I want to get off my chest.

I have been doing nofap for the last few weeks seriously (I tried about a year ago and had troubles contnuing.).

I am trying to 'improve myself' ie. going to gym, reading books etc.
    Do you have any books about relationships and the effect that objectifying women has?

So I have been having a few more successes recently.

Met a girl at the office and had some nice chit chat (although she looked very attractive, I tried to think of her as a person)...

Met a girl at Badminton yesterday. She looks very pretty - definitely my 'type'.
    Last night I was thinking over it and kinda picturing dating/marrying the girl...
    I had some doubts/negative thoughts about the relationship - i.e. she is originally from another town 3 hpurs away (she has come to my town to study).
    Also another worrying thing is that we are both english, but I am of indian/asian ancestry. So our culture is a bit different - less drinking, more conservative etc. I was wondering what if she is a party girl - since i dont drink...

Do you recommend taking her out on a date to learn more about her and them maybe after a few dates (if things progress that far) make a more informed decision?

Any ideas guys...
    She comes to badminton most saturdays so I could also build a rapport with her. people usually talk when they are waiting for games...

Have any guys experience of dating a few girls (treating them respectfully, not tricking them) to find someone who is 'girlfriend worthy'??

Any ideas. I have never asked a girl out and I am 25.. Thanks. I am definitely looking for a long-term relationship, nothing casual.

Thanks guys - your the best

2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Don’t think about it ask her out.

3. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Simply ask her out and don't fear rejection. Stay cool anyway.

4. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Go for it. If it doesn't work out, find someone else =)

5. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Nobody would ever reproduce with the dating skills or lack of them in these forums. My word. It’s a woman not a monster .

6. messanger

messanger Fapstronaut

Lets avoid walking ahead of yourself. I would suggest enjoying yourself at badminton and getting to know more people.