1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitter Men

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Continue Screen, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Continue Screen

Continue Screen Fapstronaut

Humor me please :

I've spent my childhood raised in a family that was a minefield of resentment and angst. As soon as I became aware of it, I wanted to figure out the reason for why my family was at each other's throats all the time. This might be an oversimplification, but I believe any form of 'impact' requires narrowing your crosshairs/vision and focusing on a single target.

Anyway,

I think allot of the conflict in my family was the result of people having chips on their shoulders. One family member had a chip on her shoulder about men and ended up treating her husband a certain way as a result. Next thing her son grows up and he has a chip on his shoulder towards women- the cycle continues. Once again, I know this is a gross oversimplification of something so complex - but that being said, should this example resonate with anyone here, then keep reading.

I hear claims made that Nofap is a gathering point for MGTOW and Incels. As much as I'm led to believe that this is an indictment against Nofap, I disagree that it signifies a critical issue with Nofap - in fact it represents not that but an exciting opportunity to heal society from past injustices suffered by many. I don't want to put the blame on any single group - that is unhelpful and only contributes to the bitterness among each other. I want us to all listen and help each other heal so we can stop these childish battles.

So here's my idea, if you've stomached my writing for this long ;)

I want to find individuals who are interested in providing ears and time to those who are the loudest, the bitterest and lost. These people, who are often used to brow-beat and incriminate organisations through guilt by association, are the people who are the other side to the coin of societal change and healing. They often cause the most hurt, they hold the most toxic ideas about the world, and are often quick to withdraw into groups where their ideas are circulated and go unchecked.

Would anyone care to dialogue with me over what we can do to help these people?
    Yes, help, I am a very forgiving person who believes in rehabilitation and redemption for most. There may be some who are too far gone, but I think those are very few and far between. I don't care if you think I am naive, I am looking for those who I can collaborate with on this forum to help the bitter folk of Nofap let go of their pain - should those folk exist as claimed.

Please message me directly or share your thoughts on this thread to get the conversation started, remember that I am mainly looking for individuals who share my perspective enough to facilitate direction and action. We can talk strategy in private.

The Friendly homie likes this.