1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Be-A-Better-Me Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Liege Blåhaj, Sep 23, 2022.

1. This is going to be a journal where I transcribe my progress in exercise, weight loss and dieting and ask for some accountability. My life is so much better when I am disciplined, I'm hoping this journal will help me build up this discipline. I want to live simply with like a nunk. What's a nunk, you make ask. It's a non-binary monastic! :D I made the word up myself. It's a portmanteau of the words nun and monk.

My current daily goals are:

No-nos:

No PMO
    No processed foods
    No bread or flour-based products
    No sugar

Restrictions:

only half an hour of TV or video games a day
    One Meal A Day (OMAD)

Daily Self Care:

Exercise
    Go for a walk
    Regular meditation
    Patikulamanasikara
    Metta

Hobbies:

30 minutes of Spanish a day
    30 minutes of Swahili a day
    At least 1 hour of crochet a day

I may update these goals later down the line to increase the challenge but for right now I think this is a good place to start.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    Xue Hua Piao, Ūruz and ZenYogi like this.
  2. Weighed in this morning after officially being 1 month on my new diet.

I've lost 19 lbs!!!!

Pretty stoked about that. Onward and upward to even more weight loss!

Diet is going well. Today's a cheat day, will get back on it tomorrow.

Exercise not happening.

3. On day 1 of a three day fast. Exercised today.

Xue Hua Piao likes this.
  4. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I did one 2y ago and I suffered a lot in the kidney area so I'm just making sure you don't do the same mistake than me haha - all in all I should simply have made sure my electrolytes were balanced. I think adding salt to your water can help but take that with a grain of... salt. Badum tss

5. Hey thanks for the reminder. I'm fairly experienced in fasting and I've been working my way up starting with 1 day fasts every week then 2 days fasts every week for the last 3 weeks. Now trying a 3 days fast and I'm drinking tea and I'll keep the salt tip in mind in case I start feeling bad. :) I've experienced that kidney pain before too, it's not fun.

Day 2 of the fast begins.

ZenYogi likes this.
  6. Today is day 3 of my fast. Will break it tomorrow morning with an apple or something like that. All is going well. Hunger manageable.

Worked out today.

ZenYogi and Cirilla like this.
  7. Broke my diet this morning with an apple and a handful of almonds. The whole fasting experience went really well, I barely even noticed I was fasting.

8. Cheat day today. Exercised.

ZenYogi likes this.
  9. Been dealing with some dysphoria lately so haven't been exercising. Did fast two days this week though, and ate OMAD yesterday. Need to figure out what my workout routine is going to be.

ZenYogi likes this.
  10. livewelllovewell

livewelllovewell Fapstronaut

Well done on the fasting. I second what Cirilla said... Electrolytes are super important or alternatively bone broth(all electrolytes in one flavourful cocktail) but only if necessary. Symptoms of low electrolytes I've experienced include heart palpitations, low energy, headaches, muscle pain. Look out for those and if they dont turn up you're fine. Thanks for the kind words on my journal by the way :).

ZenYogi likes this.
  11. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Fasting is a good tool for weight loss and general weight maintenance. Good for other stuff too. Drink that water!!!

have you thought about adding strength training to your workout program? Much more affective than cardio for hitting fat loss goals.

ZenYogi likes this.
  12. Thanks livewell. Yeah I've experience all those before, they aren't fun! Got some emergency broth ready though in case I need. I shouldn't though. And you're welcome! :)

ZenYogi likes this.
  13. I surely wiil!!! Starting a three day fast tomorrow and I'll make sure to stay hydrated.

Yeah maybe a little strength training but I don't want to become swol. So just lite stuff for me. I have resistance bands, I think I'll incorporate them into my routine.

ZenYogi likes this.
  14. Ranger-

Ranger- Fapstronaut

Congrats. 19lbs huge achievement. Try pull-ups if you can. Big back is always good. Hope that you will reach soon to your goal.

ZenYogi likes this.
  15. Thanks Ranger. I've been looking into doing pull ups, thanks for the rec. :)

Update: starting a 3 days fast today. Today is day 1.

ZenYogi likes this.
  16. I've finally decided on a workout routine. I'm just gonna keep it simple and use this routine worked out by the bodyweight fitness community on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/routines/bwf-primer/#wiki_day_1_.28start_here.21 . I realized that I was procrastinating on actually starting exercise because I felt overwhelmed with having to develop a routine for myself. So just gonna do this instead, starting tomorrow.

Will also supplement with 5 minutes on exercise bike every day.

17. Day 1 completed. 5 minutes exercise bike, 5x5 pushups.

Tomorrow's workout, need to read this sometime today.

18. Completed day 2. Tomorrow's workout.

Day 3 of fast. Considering extending it another day so I can meet my weight loss goals for the month.

19. Broke fast with some apple and nuts.

20. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Hey cool workout looks like you do all the core body weight exercises one a day to build up your foundation in calisthenics

I do purely body weight calisthenics 4-5 days a week and love it :))

Also looks like you know what you’re doing with the diet

I wanted to say I’m reading through lean beef patty’s nutrition 101 guide and it’s really helpful for me in how to cut or bulk safely

might be worth 20$ if u wanna check it out sometime

most importantly she said to lookup your basal metabolic rate using a bmr calculator on Google and eat at least that many calories a day

hope to keep seeing us progress. May I post some of my progress on here too? I don’t wanna steal your thunder or mess with your thread of course. More like just be diet and exercise accountability partners

Lady Blåhaj likes this.