1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Be-A-Better-Me Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Liege Blåhaj, Sep 23, 2022.

1. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

“Swole” only happens when you have the testosterone to build the muscles big. Even then, genetics plays a role as well. Go bodyweight training. It takes a lot more effort (and time) to become “swole” but you’ll still get the benefits of strength training.

3 Day fast?! Dang. I’ve yet to attempt anything beyond an 18-hour. I usually do a 16/8 four to six times per week depending on activity level.

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  2. Hey thanks for the recommendation! I have actually been wondering what my bmr is, I thought you needed special equipment to find out though.

Sure feel free to post here ZenYogi! Interested in your progress too. And it'll be helpful to have someone here I can ask questions to since you are already experienced in body weight training. Do you have a specific routine? And what's your diet look like?
    Well I do have T unfortunately. So I have the prerequisites to become swole. I think just keeping with bodyweight exercises the occasional band workout should be good enough though.

3 day fasts are easy! You just have to work your way up to them. Sounds like you have experience with fasting already. If you're interested, maybe you could do a 24 hour fast one day of the week for a while, then more on to 36 hours, and gradually work your way up.

ZenYogi likes this.
  3. Exercised today BTW. A little later in the day than usual because I had to take my dog to get his haircut and didn't have enough time to shower and let my hair dry before I had to leave.

4. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to you but maybe just something to think about. I heard of a trans woman doing lots of fasting, turned out she had anorexia and it was a part of her eating disorder.

Here is a video about it, her story and about Eugenia Coonery. The video and thumbnail is potentially triggering with some bare skin.

5. I'm not fasting to look more attractive. I'm fasting because I have way too much weight I've been carrying around, I need to lose a lot. Fasting helps and I'm doing it the smart way. I won't starve, my body has plenty of stored up energy to last me several months- that's the issue.

WalkingForward likes this.
  6. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Hi thanks Lady B ^_^

grats on your weight loss btw. Don’t get discouraged about testosterone limiting muscle growth as a female. Patty and many girls are hecka jacked anyways. Lots of fish will help you get mo buff cause it’s got natural creatine in it

7. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Training Routine

MONDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

Upper lower rest upper lower skills rest

Exercises listed in the same line are a superset

I do 3 sets of 80-90% of my max reps with a burnout on the last set

Upper:

Optional handstand push up

Dip pull-up

Push-up chin-up

Parallel bars L-Sit

Jump rope and shadowbox (meditate after shadowbox)

Lower:

Optional back lever

Horse stance

Squat

Lunge

Calf raise

Hanging leg raise

Yoga flow

Skills:

Handstand back lever

Planche front lever

V-up

Run or jump inside if it’s raining/too hot

DIET

Main foods: whole wheat bread, rice, poultry, seafood, vegetables, fruit, whole milk, eggs, Greek yogurt, peanut/almond butter, salad and cheese.

Treats: chocolate, sweets, pizza, burgers, red meat, noodles.

Note whole wheat noodles are considered ok anytime for me

I’m trying to eat more fish because it has natural creatine in it = get you swole bruh

I eat 3-3.5kcal per day. My BMR is 2900

Calculated it using this site for free

https://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html

SUPPLEMENTS:

White willow bark extract, fish oil, multivitamin, glutamine and orgain vegan protein powder.

Kay, hit me up with any questions <3 you all

@Lady Blåhaj

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  8. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Day 26

Today will be 5/5 for training this week that’s good. Ate four meals yesterday happy with that. My numbers on pull-ups aren’t as high as they used to be but that’s okay cause I’ll grind them back up now I have a set routine to keep me focused :))

Yoga 3 days a week is nice :) I like yoga a lot

working a skills day today so that should be fun and some yoga flow after . I hope they put up the hour flow soon on Asheville yoga on YouTube

@Lady Blåhaj do checkout the BMR calculator if you’d like in my prev post. It helped me realize I was eating 2500calories and needed 3-3.5k

so that’s why I was always craving pizza haha XD

k see y’all :)

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  9. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Bodyweight and bands sounds like the way to go.

I did a 24-hr fast unintentionally once. I ate like a hog the next day. I may try it.

Don’t forget your nutrition. Diet most important part of weight loss/gain.

10. Yeah that's something to avoid. I used to do that when I first started fasting, but soon discovered it was bad for the digestive system (I'd get horrible gastrointestinal issues for about a day). You gotta ease your digestive system back into working again.

11. Great job Zen!

I need to get back into a moving-meditation type of exercise. I don't think yoga is for me, but I really do enjoy taichi. And it makes me feel like Bruce Lee whenever I do it. So maybe I'll add that to my routine.

giphy (1).gif

As for eating I need to maintain a caloric deficit. But still checking my BMR will be helpful because I'll be able to track how it shifts from fasting to eating days.

I haven't been eating well last two days. Been eating junk food. Also skipped workout yesterday. I don't think I will meet my weight loss goals for the month. Gonna do my workout today though. Will check in when it's complete.

Today's workout.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    ZenYogi likes this.
  12. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Hey that’s a good workout some pull push action

tai chi isn’t for me right now heheh. I’m erm probably gonna do some TKD I’m trying it out per a friend’s recommendation

Bruce is cool. I read the Tao of Jeet kun do. Which was good, ya I need to learn self control so I don’t get angry and go attack people :(

Hope this dojang can help me. I really love yoga haha. And ofc do what works for you I support that live and let live mentality

I heard 10m is the best for minimum Ammount of cardio to make gains. So I just walk ten minutes on rest days even walking in place or around the apt hehe

I sometimes jump rope but that’s kinda tiring I’m really digging the rest on rest days thing rn :)

Day 27

Trying out a dojang soon that’ll be fun

hope it goes well and helps me control myself when /if I get mad

did about 20mins of jump rope but took breaks throughout to jog or walk and keep the heart rate up. About 1500 jumps @-@ new record!

hehe, did 17 dips and 10 pull-ups. My records are 22 and 20. But I was on creatine when I did the twenty pull-ups so that’s kindaaa not as accurate?

Best I’ve done without creatine is 12 I think maybe thirteen

I wanna get to 30-20 dip pull-up someday

Om I stopped doing bikram yoga. Now I’m just doing Sun salutations in the morning and splits forward and backward folds after calisthenics

todays rest so I walked ten mins and gonna try to foam roll

Fooooaaaammmmm rolllllllllll

I’m at my gfs it’s nice my friend didn’t hit me back about meeting to hangout so that’s alright

I’ll probably chill here all day haha

I want to get better abs so maybe I’ll try to do more v ups and bicycle crunches on different days

they really aren’t that hard and don’t take much energy I think

ommm zen sleepy now

concert last night and stayed up till almost one

13. ZenYogi likes this.
  14. Having kinda a rotten day moodwise. For more info you can read my journal. Did complete my workout though. Another day of eating like crap though. This is the two month mark of me starting my diet. Last month I only lost 1 pound. Off by my weight loss goal by 6 pounds. Need to rededicate myself to my diet. Starting a 3 day fast tomorrow.

Tomorrow's workout.

15. Yes I plan to eventually work up to 10 minutes on my bike every day. It's a workbike so I can actually some work while I'm using it, so there's no time limit on how long I can be on it, which is nice. Just started though so working my way up. 5 minutes is getting easy I think I'll increase to 6 minutes soon.

I have one of those foam rollers, should get back into that. Just so much to do to be healthy though sometimes I just get exhausted. What are some short foam rolling exercises I could that wouldn't take that much time? Any recs?

Good thing for abs is mason jars. And yeah not talking about actual jars, it's an actual exercise.

ZenYogi likes this.
  16. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

:emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face:

I have a similar setup where I can walk while doing my job. I usually just do 10-20mins of walking couple times a week. That’s good enough.

Ha I have a foam roller too. I don’t use it either! :emoji_joy: I’m trying to get myself to do it on rest days though. Just lay on it and roll the backside is the easiest way. If you can do that then add the front side cause that’s like rolling around in a plank like position. More tiresome.

Lol I was imagining rubbing mason jars on my stomachs like what?!

17. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I’m doing sleeping what? I stayed up till three revamping the Naruto challenge. That was crazy lol. Now I’m tired and don’t feel like doin my training, at least I took a walk maybe fifteen mins . I’m so tired now crap I don’t feel like moving

I’ll find a way to study. Maybe I need to drop workouts to just twice a week and study everyday in the morning. That could work. I’ll still do upper lower instead of two days full body I think. Full body was so exhausting lol

18. Go to bed on time sib. LOL. A good night's rest is the foundation for the rest of your day.

So much to do and not enough time in the day to do it. Feel you there. I'm into so many things but don't have enough time to do them. Hope you got some good rest.

ZenYogi likes this.
  19. Did workout today. But didn't fast like I said I was going to. Tomorrow is a rest day on workouts.

20. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Yep, I'm back to sleeping earlier. Like 1030pm . I was enjoying late nights too much and today was sleepy day